Monsters (AHL) Recall Rookie Goaltender Pavel Cajan
KALAMAZOO, MI - The Kalamazoo Wings, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Monday that rookie goaltender Pavel Cajan has been recalled by the Cleveland Monsters (AHL).
Cajan, 20, owns a 7-8-2-0 record with a 3.55 goals-against average (GAA) and .873 save percentage (S%) in 19 games played with Cleveland this season.
In 12 games with the K-Wings, the Pribram, CZE native sports a 2.34 GAA and a .932 S% with a 6-6-0-0 record.
In his first season in the Monsters organization, Cajan is performing on the heals of helping lead the Kitchener Rangers to the OHL playoffs last season with a 3.61 GAA, a .901 save percentage and a 21-18-4 record in 44 games played in 2021-22.
The K-Wings next face the Fort Wayne Komets (32-24-4-3) Friday at 7:00 p.m. EDT at Wings Event Center. Friday is also $3 Friday at WEC ($3 beers, hot dogs & sodas), and you can find your tickets HERE.
Catch every game at FloHockey.com or tune in to the home of the K-Wings FM 106.9 & AM 590 WKZO.
It's morphin time on Saturday, Apr. 1 at Wings Event Center versus the Iowa Heartlanders. Get your tickets HERE, and join us as we pay tribute to the iconic 90s show that found its way to the big screens & playgrounds around the country for decades. Come to the game and get your photo taken with a Power Ranger, and stick around postgame for the Power Rangers jersey auction. The 'Power Rangers Meet & Greet Ticket Package' is also available for the game, and includes four white-level tickets, a private meet & greet with a Power Ranger and a photo with a Power Rangers character.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 27, 2023
- Monsters (AHL) Recall Rookie Goaltender Pavel Cajan - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - March 27 - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, March 27, 2023 - Wichita Thunder
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komet Edge Closer to a Playoff Spot - Fort Wayne Komets
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - March 27 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Weekly: Kalamazoo Takes Two Last Week, Prep for Two at Home - Kalamazoo Wings
- Lions Comeback Bid Falls Agonizingly Short - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Stingrays Weekly Report: March 27, 2023 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Worcester Railers Weekly Update - Week 23 - Worcester Railers HC
- Idaho Steelheads Weekly - Week 24 - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Kelley Stops 41 as Mavericks Take Rubber Match Over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kalamazoo Wings Stories
- K-Wings Welcome Back Franchise Leader, Justin Taylor
- K-Wings Re-Sign Rookie Forwards Pilon & Spellacy
- K-Wings Re-Sign Forward James McEwan, Add Rookie Defenseman Stephen Alvo
- K-Wings Sign Two Rookies, Forward Jordan Seyfert & Goaltender Hayden Stewart
- K-Wings Ink Forward Brandon Yeamans & Goaltender Mariah Fujimagari