Kelley Stops 41 as Mavericks Take Rubber Match Over Oilers
TULSA, Okla. - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Anaheim Ducks and the AHL's San Diego Gulls, fell to the Kansas City Mavericks 4-2 at the BOK Center on Sunday evening.
Mathieu Foget opened the scoring for the second-straight game, tucking a scramble from the back door on the backhand with 3:05 left in the first.
Then 3:05 into the middle period Josh Lammon extended the Mavericks lead to 2-0, jamming home an in-tight chance on the doorstep.
Karl Boudrias scored his fifth of the season - a career-high - rifling a shot from the left point 6:07 into the third period. A.J. Vanderbeck restored the Mavericks' two-goal advantage with his first as a pro, shoveling a loose puck into the top shelf off another scramble. Blake McLaughlin pulled the score to 3-2, finishing a feed from Michael Farren beyond Dillon Kelley with 4:24 remaining. Kelley made a pair of frantic stops on an Oilers power play to keep Kansas City on top before a long-distance, empty-net goal from Lammon closed the game 4-2 with 57 seconds left.
Daniel Mannella stopped 32 of 35 shots, while Kelley halted 41 of 43 en route to first-star honors.
The Oilers travel to Portland, Maine for the first-ever game against the Maine Mariners in franchise history, starting at 6:15 p.m. CT on Friday, March 31 at The Cross Insurance Arena. The Oilers will play a three-in-three in Maine to close out March and beginning April.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram , or "Like" us on Facebook for more information about the Tulsa Oilers.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 27, 2023
- Monsters (AHL) Recall Rookie Goaltender Pavel Cajan - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - March 27 - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, March 27, 2023 - Wichita Thunder
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komet Edge Closer to a Playoff Spot - Fort Wayne Komets
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - March 27 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Weekly: Kalamazoo Takes Two Last Week, Prep for Two at Home - Kalamazoo Wings
- Lions Comeback Bid Falls Agonizingly Short - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Stingrays Weekly Report: March 27, 2023 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Worcester Railers Weekly Update - Week 23 - Worcester Railers HC
- Idaho Steelheads Weekly - Week 24 - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Kelley Stops 41 as Mavericks Take Rubber Match Over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.