Monarchs Blast Mariners, 6-3
MANCHESTER, N.H. - The Manchester Monarchs won their second straight game against the Maine Mariners, Saturday night at SNHU Arena by a score of 6-3.
The Monarchs (21-18-1-1) scored four goals in the third period against the Mariners (21-19-0-1), 6-3, emerging with a win for the second straight night.
The Monarchs opened scoring at 19:18 of the first period, when Sam Kurker scored his fourth of the season, when he received a breakout pass from Joe Sullivan and drove the puck past the glove of Maine goaltender, Brandon Halverson, making the score, 1-0.
The Mariners answered at 9:38 of the second when Jason Salvaggio scored his eighth of the season. Skating to the top of the right circle, Salvaggio wristed the puck over the blocker of Monarchs goaltender, Charles Williams, bringing the score to 1-1.
The Monarchs regained their lead at 13:09 of the second period when Kurker scored a power-play goal, his ninth of the season, second of the night. Picking up a rebound from Craig Wyszomirksi's initial shot, Kurker lifted the puck over the shoulder of Halverson, making the score, 2-1.
The Mariners knotted it up at 14:22 of the second period, when Morgan Adams-Moisan scored his fourteenth goal of the season, ripping a wrist shot just past the glove of Williams, bringing the score to 2-2.
The Monarchs scored again at :35 of the third period when Spencer Watson scored his thirteenth of the season. Daniil Miromanov sent a pass to Watson at the bottom of the left circle, where Watson flicked a shot past Halverson, making the score, 3-2.
The Monarchs doubled their lead at 1:48 of the third period when Jack Nevins scored his fifth of the season, connecting with a bouncing puck and tipping it past Halverson to make the score, 4-2.
The Monarchs increased their lead at 12:42 of the third period when Watson scored his fourteenth of the year, second of the night, on the power play. Watson gathered the puck in the left circle, turned and fired a shot, over the glove of Halverson making the score 5-2.
The Monarchs scored again at 14:05 of the third when Watson registered his third goal of the game after he found the puck in a scramble in front of Halverson and ripped a shot, top shelf to make the score 6-2.
The Mariners cut the Monarchs lead in half at 18:02 of the third when Greg Chase scored a power-play goal, his eighth of the season, bringing the score to 6-3.
The Monarchs return to action Sunday, January 27th at 3 p.m., when they take on the Worcester Railers at SNHU Arena. For tickets, Season Memberships and group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 26, 2019
- Thompson Lifts Solar Bears to Comeback Win against Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Strong Third Period Lifts Fuel over Kalamazoo - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Holds off Steelheads for 3-2 Win - Wichita Thunder
- 11,288 Fans Pack IceMen Game to Set Jacksonville Hockey Attendance Record - Jacksonville IceMen
- Beast Win Fifth Straight and Defeat Growlers 3-1 - Brampton Beast
- Return of the Mac: McCarron's Two-Goal Night Lifts 'Blades to 5-1 Win - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Press Late, Fall 3-2 to Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
- GAME REPORT: Big Second Period Leads Oilers Past Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Take 6-5 Shootout Classic at Wesbanco Arena - Reading Royals
- Point Streak Moves to Six Games as Glads Fall 3-2 in OT - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Escape with Wild 6-5 Shootout Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Stumble in Brampton, Fall 3-1 to the Beast - Newfoundland Growlers
- Three-Goal Third Pushes Fuel Past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Four-Goal First Period Paces Railers to 5-1 Home Win over Thunder - Worcester Railers HC
- Adirondack Drops Home and Home Set by 5-1 Final - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Blast Mariners, 6-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Bury Mariners with Third Period Barrage - Maine Mariners
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 26 - ECHL
- G Buffalo Heads to Reading from Adirondack for Futures - Reading Royals
- Nailers vs. Royals Game Day Snap Shot, January 26 - Wheeling Nailers
- Goalie Devin Buffalo Traded to Reading Royals - Adirondack Thunder
- Admirals Bolster Blue Line with the Addition of Eric Roy - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Day: K-Wings Begin Home and Home Set in Indy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Reading Returns from All-Star Break at Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Doty and Motte Lead Allen over Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Win 5-1 to Begin 6 Game Trip - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.