Doty and Motte Lead Allen over Tulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, shutout the Tulsa Oilers on Friday night by a score of 5-0, in front of a crowd of 9,106 at BOK Center.
Jacob Doty with a big night on Friday, with his first professional hat trick. He opened the scoring in the first period with his first of the season at the 14:30 mark to put the Americans up 1-0. Mitch Maloney and Dalton Thrower had the assists. The Americans outshot Tulsa 13 to 4 in the first period.
Allen responded with two more in the second period. First, Jacob Doty followed up his own rebound in front of the Tulsa net, firing it past Oilers goalie Evan Fitzpatrick to make it 2-0 Americans. Riley Bourbonnais made it 3-0 just over a minute later taking a pass from Dante Salituro and blasting it into the Tulsa net for his 10th goal of the season. The shots were even at 12 each in the second period.
Allen lit the lamp two more times in the third period. Adam Miller found David Makowski for his 8th of the season at 18:45. Then, Jacob Doty completed the hat trick firing one home from long-range for his third of the season. Doty's first period goal would eventually become the game winner as the Americans earned their second shutout in Tulsa this season in a 5-0 win.
CJ Motte was great between the pipes again stopping all 33 shots he faced. This was Motte's third shutout of the season, which puts him into a tie for second place in the ECHL.
"Jacob Doty had an outstanding game for us tonight," said Americans Head Coach Steve Martinson. "Obviously we're all excited for him. He really stepped up big." CJ (Motte) made all the big saves tonight. He's really elevated his game and gives us a great chance to win every game."
The same two clubs battle it out again tomorrow night at 7:05. This makes seven straight games that the Americans have collected at least one point. Below are tonight's three stars of the game.
1. ALN - J. Doty
2. ALN - C. Motte
3. ALN - D. Salituro
Americans Next Home Game:
Wednesday,January 30th vs. Idaho
Time: 7:05 pm CST
Venue: Allen Event Center
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 26, 2019
- Thompson Lifts Solar Bears to Comeback Win against Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Strong Third Period Lifts Fuel over Kalamazoo - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Holds off Steelheads for 3-2 Win - Wichita Thunder
- 11,288 Fans Pack IceMen Game to Set Jacksonville Hockey Attendance Record - Jacksonville IceMen
- Beast Win Fifth Straight and Defeat Growlers 3-1 - Brampton Beast
- Return of the Mac: McCarron's Two-Goal Night Lifts 'Blades to 5-1 Win - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Press Late, Fall 3-2 to Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
- GAME REPORT: Big Second Period Leads Oilers Past Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Take 6-5 Shootout Classic at Wesbanco Arena - Reading Royals
- Point Streak Moves to Six Games as Glads Fall 3-2 in OT - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Escape with Wild 6-5 Shootout Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Stumble in Brampton, Fall 3-1 to the Beast - Newfoundland Growlers
- Three-Goal Third Pushes Fuel Past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Four-Goal First Period Paces Railers to 5-1 Home Win over Thunder - Worcester Railers HC
- Adirondack Drops Home and Home Set by 5-1 Final - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Blast Mariners, 6-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Bury Mariners with Third Period Barrage - Maine Mariners
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 26 - ECHL
- G Buffalo Heads to Reading from Adirondack for Futures - Reading Royals
- Nailers vs. Royals Game Day Snap Shot, January 26 - Wheeling Nailers
- Goalie Devin Buffalo Traded to Reading Royals - Adirondack Thunder
- Admirals Bolster Blue Line with the Addition of Eric Roy - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Day: K-Wings Begin Home and Home Set in Indy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Reading Returns from All-Star Break at Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Doty and Motte Lead Allen over Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Win 5-1 to Begin 6 Game Trip - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Allen Americans Announce 20-21 Protected List
- Allen Americans Grow Front Office Revenue Generation Team with Industry Leader Krut & Frisco Native Stephens
- Americans Announce 2020-21 ECHL Home Schedule
- Americans Announce Partnership with Plano's DASH Auction
- Allen Americans Announce ZOOM Experience Auction to Benefit Allen Public Safety Recovery Fund During COVID-19 Crisis