Admirals Bolster Blue Line with the Addition of Eric Roy
NORFOLK, VA - The Norfolk Admirals, ECHL affiliate of the Arizona Coyotes, announced today that the team has acquired defenseman Eric Roy from the Wichita Thunder in exchange for forward Taylor Cammarata.
Roy, 24, joins the Admirals after posting nine points (3g, 6a) in 38 games played this season split between Wichita and the Allen Americans. From 2015-2018, the 6-3, 181-pound blueliner played in Allen, winning an ECHL championship with the Americans in 2016. Roy has 106 points (44g, 62a) in 200 career ECHL games, and made ten appearances with the Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) during the 2015-16 season recording a goal and three assists.
The Beauval, Saskatoon native played all five seasons of his junior career with the Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL) where he totaled 200 points career points in 322 games. Roy was selected by the Calgary Flames in the fifth-round of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Cammarata will join the Thunder after posting 30 points (12g, 18a) in 43 games played with Norfolk this season.
The trade took place just prior to Norfolk's 3-0 road victory at Greenville last night. The Admirals return to action on Wednesday (Jan. 30) at South Carolina.
Upcoming Home Games & Promotions
Wednesday, February 6, vs. Reading, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, February 8, vs. Reading, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 9, vs. Atlanta, 7:00 p.m. Star Wars Night Star Wars Cos-play characters will be on hand and there will be a postgame skate with the Admirals players!
Admirals Ticket Information
Single Game Tickets may be purchased at the Scope Box Office, or online at
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price! Group tickets are available for all home games. Fundraising opportunities are also available.
2018-19 Ticket Packages are Currently on Sale! The Admirals offer flexible partial plans that will best fit your schedule and budget!
For more information regarding ticket options, or Norfolk Admirals Hockey, visit NorfolkAdmirals.com or call the Admirals office at (757) 640-1212!
Images from this story
Defenseman Eric Roy with the Wichita Thunder
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 26, 2019
- Thompson Lifts Solar Bears to Comeback Win against Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Strong Third Period Lifts Fuel over Kalamazoo - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Holds off Steelheads for 3-2 Win - Wichita Thunder
- 11,288 Fans Pack IceMen Game to Set Jacksonville Hockey Attendance Record - Jacksonville IceMen
- Beast Win Fifth Straight and Defeat Growlers 3-1 - Brampton Beast
- Return of the Mac: McCarron's Two-Goal Night Lifts 'Blades to 5-1 Win - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Press Late, Fall 3-2 to Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
- GAME REPORT: Big Second Period Leads Oilers Past Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Take 6-5 Shootout Classic at Wesbanco Arena - Reading Royals
- Point Streak Moves to Six Games as Glads Fall 3-2 in OT - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Escape with Wild 6-5 Shootout Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Stumble in Brampton, Fall 3-1 to the Beast - Newfoundland Growlers
- Three-Goal Third Pushes Fuel Past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Four-Goal First Period Paces Railers to 5-1 Home Win over Thunder - Worcester Railers HC
- Adirondack Drops Home and Home Set by 5-1 Final - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Blast Mariners, 6-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Bury Mariners with Third Period Barrage - Maine Mariners
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 26 - ECHL
- G Buffalo Heads to Reading from Adirondack for Futures - Reading Royals
- Nailers vs. Royals Game Day Snap Shot, January 26 - Wheeling Nailers
- Goalie Devin Buffalo Traded to Reading Royals - Adirondack Thunder
- Admirals Bolster Blue Line with the Addition of Eric Roy - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Day: K-Wings Begin Home and Home Set in Indy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Reading Returns from All-Star Break at Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Doty and Motte Lead Allen over Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Win 5-1 to Begin 6 Game Trip - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Admirals Drop Final Matchup of Season against Greenville
- Tucson Roadrunners Send Brandon Halverson Back to Norfolk
- Admirals Comeback Bid Falls Just Short in Ammirato's Return
- Greenville Edges out Norfolk in Overtime Thriller
- Admirals Acquire Alex Tonge and Rights to Gabriel Verpaelst from Adirondack