Growlers Stumble in Brampton, Fall 3-1 to the Beast
The Newfoundland Growlers eight-game point streak was broken after a 3-1 loss to the Brampton beast Saturday night.
Brampton came out of the gate firing in the first period by putting 14 shots on to the Growlers starting netminder, Eamon McAdam. The Growlers would only register 5 shots in the opening frame.
The Beast would beat McAdam 11:25 into the second period while on the powerplay as Brandon Marino would jump on a rebound to the left of the Growler's goaltender to put the beast ahead by one.
It would stay 1-0 until 9:29 into the third period when the Beast would register yet another powerplay tally off a blast from just inside the hash marks from the stick of David Vallorani. The goal would end up being the game winner.
Hudson Elynuik registered his fifth goal of the season to break Jake Paterson's shutout bid with just 2:39 seconds left in the game but Beast forward Nathan Todd would seal the growlers fate with an empty net goal late in the third.
Brady Ferguson was not in the lineup after being suspended for 4 games earlier in the week.
The Growlers eight game point streak has come to an end
The three stars were 3 - D. Vallorani (BRM), 2 - E. McAdam (NFL) and 1 - J. Patterson (BRM)
The Newfoundland Growlers take on the Brampton Beast tomorrow Sunday afternoon for a rematch.. Puck drop is 3:35 p.m. Catch all the action with Chris Ballard at mixlr.com/nlgrowlers.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 26, 2019
- Thompson Lifts Solar Bears to Comeback Win against Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Strong Third Period Lifts Fuel over Kalamazoo - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Holds off Steelheads for 3-2 Win - Wichita Thunder
- 11,288 Fans Pack IceMen Game to Set Jacksonville Hockey Attendance Record - Jacksonville Icemen
- Beast Win Fifth Straight and Defeat Growlers 3-1 - Brampton Beast
- Return of the Mac: McCarron's Two-Goal Night Lifts 'Blades to 5-1 Win - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Press Late, Fall 3-2 to Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
- GAME REPORT: Big Second Period Leads Oilers Past Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Take 6-5 Shootout Classic at Wesbanco Arena - Reading Royals
- Point Streak Moves to Six Games as Glads Fall 3-2 in OT - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Escape with Wild 6-5 Shootout Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Stumble in Brampton, Fall 3-1 to the Beast - Newfoundland Growlers
- Three-Goal Third Pushes Fuel Past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Four-Goal First Period Paces Railers to 5-1 Home Win over Thunder - Worcester Railers HC
- Adirondack Drops Home and Home Set by 5-1 Final - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Blast Mariners, 6-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Bury Mariners with Third Period Barrage - Maine Mariners
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 26 - ECHL
- G Buffalo Heads to Reading from Adirondack for Futures - Reading Royals
- Nailers vs. Royals Game Day Snap Shot, January 26 - Wheeling Nailers
- Goalie Devin Buffalo Traded to Reading Royals - Adirondack Thunder
- Admirals Bolster Blue Line with the Addition of Eric Roy - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Day: K-Wings Begin Home and Home Set in Indy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Reading Returns from All-Star Break at Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Doty and Motte Lead Allen over Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Win 5-1 to Begin 6 Game Trip - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Newfoundland Growlers Stories
- Growlers Sign Seven Players to ECHL Contracts
- Growlers Name New Assistant Coach, Equipment Manager, Bring Back Athletic Therapist
- Growlers Issue Statement on SJSEL Lease Agreement
- Eric Wellwood Named Head Coach of the Growlers
- Growlers Nominated for ECHL Community Service Team of the Year