Minnesota Wild Recalls Eriksson Ek, Reassigns Murphy
DES MOINES, IOWA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Paul Fenton on Tuesday announced the NHL club has recalled forward Joel Eriksson Ek from Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League and reassigned defenseman Ryan Murphy to Iowa.
Eriksson Ek, 21 (1/29/97), was assigned to Iowa on Dec. 28 and recorded six points (4g, 2a) and 20 shots on goal during a five-game point streak, including two power-play goals and two game-winning goals. In 14 career AHL games, Eriksson Ek has recorded 15 points (8g, 7a).
The 6-foot-2, 208-pound native of Karlstad, Sweden, has tallied four points (1g, 3a) in 27 games with Minnesota this season, averaging 12:51 in TOI/game and ranks fifth on the team with 52 hits. Eriksson Ek has recorded 27 points (10g, 17a), 32 penalty minutes (PIM) and 209 hits in 117 career games with Minnesota. He was selected by Minnesota in the first round (20th overall) of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft and wears sweater No. 14 with Minnesota.
Murphy, 25 (3/31/93), was recalled by the Wild on Jan. 1 and appeared in two games with Minnesota. He has tallied 13 points (3g, 10a) in 27 games with Iowa this season. The 5-foot-11, 181-pound native of Aurora, Ontario, owns 42 points (8g, 34a) and 54 penalty minutes (PIM) in 174 career NHL games with Carolina and Minnesota.
Iowa battles the San Antonio Rampage Wednesday night, with puck drop scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2019
- Heat to Celebrate 15 Season of Professional Hockey at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Canucks Recall Adam Gaudette from Comets - Utica Comets
- Admirals to Honor Fallen Officers Michalski and Irvine Jr - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Eriksson Ek, Reassigns Murphy - Iowa Wild
- Pins & Pucks Scheduled for February 19 - Ontario Reign
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly #14: Hershey Heads into Key Stretch of Divisional Play - Hershey Bears
- Ho-Sang Returned on Loan to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Islanders
- Mann Discusses Season at Halfway Mark - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers' Ovarian Cancer Awareness Night Is Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- 'Canes Recall Renouf from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Barracuda Recall Defensemen Michael Brodzinski and Cody Donaghey from Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Griffins Set for Clashes with Admirals, Senators - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Coat and Glove Drive Presented by Cryomech - Syracuse Crunch
- Weekly: Penguins Set for Showdown with League-Leading Checkers - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- $1 Tickets Available for January 15 Game - Charlotte Checkers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Comets Sign Cliff Watson to PTO - Utica Comets
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 14 - Bridgeport Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Rossi Nets First Professional Goal as Wild Fall to Stars, 3-1
- Penalty Kill Shines as Hammond Blanks Stars in Season Opener
- Iowa Wild Announces Captains for 2021-22 Season
- Iowa Wild Releases 2021-22 Opening Night Roster
- Iowa Wild Announces Broadcast Schedule for 2021-22 Season