Barracuda Recall Defensemen Michael Brodzinski and Cody Donaghey from Orlando
San Jose, Ca - The San Jose Barracuda (@SJBarracuda), proud American Hockey League (@TheAHL) affiliate of the San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks), and General Manager Joe Will have announced that the club has recalled defensemen Mike Brodzinski (@Mbrodzinski20) and Cody Donaghey (@codydonaghey10) from the Orlando Solar Bears (@OrlandoHockey) of the ECHL (@ECHL).
Brodzinski, 23, has appeared in 34 games with the Solar Bears this season, logging 19 points (5g, 13a) with a +14 rating. Brodzinski leads Orlando in plus/minus and ranks second among all defensemen in points, goals, and assists.
Brodzinski is in the midst of his third professional season, having split time between the AHL and ECHL over his first two years. In 60 career AHL games, all with San Jose, Brodzinski has 10 points (2g, 8a) and 46 penalty minutes.
The five-foot-11, 194-pound native of Ham Lake, Minnesota was originally selected by the San Jose Sharks in the fifth round (141st overall) in the 2013 NHL Draft.
Donaghey, 22, is in his second year of professional hockey and first within the Sharks organization after being acquired in a trade with the Ottawa Senators this offseason. In 34 games played with the Solar Bears, Donaghey has accumulated 23 points (9g, 14a), 22 penalty minutes and a -4 rating.
The six-foot-one, 190-pound native of St. John, Newfoundland is first among Solar Bears defenders in points, goals, and assists. Donaghey has skated in one career AHL with the Belleville Senators during the 2017-18 season.
The Barracuda return to action on Wednesday, January 9 at SAP as the Ontario Reign (Los Angeles Kings) make their second trip to Northern California this season. Wednesday is five-dollar Wednesday walk-up, where fans can walk up to the box office and find five-dollar tickets for the contest.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2019
- Heat to Celebrate 15 Season of Professional Hockey at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Canucks Recall Adam Gaudette from Comets - Utica Comets
- Admirals to Honor Fallen Officers Michalski and Irvine Jr - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Eriksson Ek, Reassigns Murphy - Iowa Wild
- Pins & Pucks Scheduled for February 19 - Ontario Reign
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly #14: Hershey Heads into Key Stretch of Divisional Play - Hershey Bears
- Ho-Sang Returned on Loan to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Mann Discusses Season at Halfway Mark - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers' Ovarian Cancer Awareness Night Is Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- 'Canes Recall Renouf from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Barracuda Recall Defensemen Michael Brodzinski and Cody Donaghey from Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Griffins Set for Clashes with Admirals, Senators - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Coat and Glove Drive Presented by Cryomech - Syracuse Crunch
- Weekly: Penguins Set for Showdown with League-Leading Checkers - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- $1 Tickets Available for January 15 Game - Charlotte Checkers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Comets Sign Cliff Watson to PTO - Utica Comets
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 14 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.