Ho-Sang Returned on Loan to Bridgeport
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The New York Islanders announced today that forward Josh Ho-Sang has been returned on loan to the team's American Hockey League affiliate, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
Ho-Sang, 22, collected two points (one goal, one assist) and a plus-two rating in 10 games with the Islanders during his third professional season. He also recorded 22 points (two goals, 20 assists) in 26 games with Bridgeport this year and became the first AHL player to reach the 20-assist mark. He currently ranks second on the Sound Tigers in helpers and fifth in points.
A Toronto native, Ho-Sang has 89 points (20 goals, 69 assists) in 126 career AHL games with the Sound Tigers. He also boasts 24 points (seven goals, 17 assists) in 53 NHL contests with the Islanders, including his NHL debut on Mar. 2, 2017 against the Dallas Stars. Ho-Sang made his professional debut with Bridgeport on Oct. 15, 2016.
Prior to turning pro, Ho-Sang logged 292 points (82 goals, 210 assists) in 256 games with the Windsor Spitfires and Niagara IceDogs of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) from 2012-16. The Thornhill, Ontario native registered 82 points (19 goals, 63 assists) in 66 games last season, leading Niagara and ranking 15th in the OHL's scoring race. He also finished sixth in assists.
Ho-Sang was selected by the Islanders in the first round (#28 overall) of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Next Time Out: The Sound Tigers complete a six-game road trip on Friday with their first of two matchups against the Utica Comets this season. The pucks at 7 p.m. inside the Adirondack Bank Center in Utica, N.Y. Fans can follow all of the live action online via the Sound Tigers Radio Network and AHLTV, beginning with the pre-game show at 6:45 p.m.
Next Home Game: The Sound Tigers return to Webster Bank Arena on Saturday, Jan. 12 for Military Appreciation Night against the Hartford Wolf Pack, presented by the Better Business Bureau Serving Connecticut. The first 2,000 fans will receive a camouflage hat when doors open at 6 p.m. and fans are encouraged to look into a $25 ticket package (tickets at the box office are regularly $31 in this seating area) that includes a ticket to the game and a military themed Sound Tigers t-shirt! A portion of this ticket package will also be donated to the BBB Foundation to support scholarships for children of military members from Connecticut.
Packed Promotional Lineup: The Sound Tigers boast one of their most extensive and wide-ranging promotional schedules ever for the 2018-19 season. The fan-friendly calendar includes the return of popular themes like Hockey and Hops (Mar. 17), Military Appreciation (Jan. 12), Star Wars Night (Jan. 19) and Princess Night (Mar. 30). Regional hockey fans will also be elated for the addition of Hockey Weekend in Connecticut (Feb. 23-24). View the full 2018-19 promotional schedule.
For additional details or to reserve a group outing for any giveaway or theme night, please call the Sound Tigers' front office at (203) 345-2300 ext 7.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2019
- Heat to Celebrate 15 Season of Professional Hockey at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Canucks Recall Adam Gaudette from Comets - Utica Comets
- Admirals to Honor Fallen Officers Michalski and Irvine Jr - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Eriksson Ek, Reassigns Murphy - Iowa Wild
- Pins & Pucks Scheduled for February 19 - Ontario Reign
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly #14: Hershey Heads into Key Stretch of Divisional Play - Hershey Bears
- Ho-Sang Returned on Loan to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Islanders
- Mann Discusses Season at Halfway Mark - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers' Ovarian Cancer Awareness Night Is Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- 'Canes Recall Renouf from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Barracuda Recall Defensemen Michael Brodzinski and Cody Donaghey from Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Griffins Set for Clashes with Admirals, Senators - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Coat and Glove Drive Presented by Cryomech - Syracuse Crunch
- Weekly: Penguins Set for Showdown with League-Leading Checkers - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- $1 Tickets Available for January 15 Game - Charlotte Checkers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Comets Sign Cliff Watson to PTO - Utica Comets
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 14 - Bridgeport Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Islanders Stories
- New York Islanders Sign Five Players
- Islanders Announce Promotional Schedule Across All 36 Home Games
- New York Islanders Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule
- Bridgeport Islanders to Help Job Seekers Connect with Businesses
- Bridgeport Islanders Agree to Terms with Six Forwards