Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Ryan Murphy from Iowa
SAINT PAUL, Minn. - Minnesota Wild General Manager Paul Fenton today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled defenseman Ryan Murphy from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Murphy, 25 (3/31/93), has tallied 13 points (3-10=13) in 27 games with Iowa this season. He ranks T-1st amongst team defensemen in goals and second in scoring. He recorded five points (2-3=5) and a career best plus-8 rating in 21 games with Minnesota and 28 points (4-24=28) in 48 contests with Iowa last season. The 5-foot-11, 181-pound native of Aurora, Ontario, owns 42 points (8-34=42) and 54 penalty minutes (PIM) in 172 career NHL games during six seasons with Carolina (2012-17) and Minnesota (2017-18). Murphy also appeared in one Stanley Cup Playoff game with the Wild last season.
The right-shot defenseman was originally selected by Carolina in the first round (12th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. Murphy was signed as a free agent by Minnesota on July 1, 2017 and wears sweater No. 6 with the Wild.
The Minnesota Wild plays at Toronto on Thursday at 1 p.m. on FOX Sports North and KFAN 100.3 FM.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 1, 2019
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Ryan Murphy from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- De Jong Released from PTO, Barron Reassigned to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- 'Canes Recall Maenalanen from AHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 13 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Checkers Sign Bobby Sanguinetti to AHL Contract - Charlotte Checkers
- San Diego Gulls Sign Johno May to Professional Tryout - San Diego Gulls
- Wolf Pack Weekly, January 1-6 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Belleville Recalls Beauchemin from Loan - Belleville Senators
- IceHogs Open New Year with Dog Days at the BMO Wednesday, January 2 - Rockford IceHogs
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Goaltender Pavel Francouz - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Assign Pickard to Tucson for Conditioning - Tucson Roadrunners
- Admirals Sign Two to PTOs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wells Stops Reign to Close 2018 - Ontario Reign
- Condors Close 2018 with 3-1 Win in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Hold off Late Heat Surge to Earn 6-5 Win - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.