Admirals Sign Two to PTOs
Milwaukee, WI - The Milwaukee Admirals announced today that the team has signed defenseman Scott Savage and forward Jared Van Wormer to professional try-out contracts (PTOs).
Savage joins the Admirals from the Main Mariners of the ECHL where he has three goals and 11 assists for 14 points in 23 games in 2018-19. He split last season between the Cleveland Monsters, where he had three assists in 16 games, and the Jacksonville Icemen (ECHL) where he notched 25 points (7g-18a) in 50 contests. The San Clemente, CA native played four years of collegiate hockey with Boston College.
Van Wormer is averaging a point per game thus far this season with the Kansas City Mavericks of the ECHL where he has 29 points (13g-16a) in 29 games. The Ferris State University alum tallied 22 goals and dished out 20 assists for 42 points and 27 penalty minutes in 2017-18 with the Mavericks.
Savage and Van Wormer will join the Admirals as they continue their four-game roadtrip on Wednesday night when they travel to the Rockford IceHogs at 7 pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 1, 2019
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Ryan Murphy from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- De Jong Released from PTO, Barron Reassigned to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- 'Canes Recall Maenalanen from AHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 13 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Checkers Sign Bobby Sanguinetti to AHL Contract - Charlotte Checkers
- San Diego Gulls Sign Johno May to Professional Tryout - San Diego Gulls
- Wolf Pack Weekly, January 1-6 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Belleville Recalls Beauchemin from Loan - Belleville Senators
- IceHogs Open New Year with Dog Days at the BMO Wednesday, January 2 - Rockford IceHogs
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Goaltender Pavel Francouz - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Assign Pickard to Tucson for Conditioning - Tucson Roadrunners
- Admirals Sign Two to PTOs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wells Stops Reign to Close 2018 - Ontario Reign
- Condors Close 2018 with 3-1 Win in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Hold off Late Heat Surge to Earn 6-5 Win - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.