Michael A. Taylor Named Eastern League Player of the Week
HARRISBURG, PA. - The Eastern League announced that Harrisburg Senators outfielder Michael A. Taylor has been named the Eastern League Player of the Week for the period August 19 through August 25. The 28-year old is the third Senators player to take home the weekly honors this season. Taylor helped the Senators to a 6-1 record last week.
The 28-year old batted .360 (9-for-25) with one double, one triple, three home runs, 10 RBIs, eight runs scored, four walks, two stolen bases and a .840 slugging percentage in seven games for the Senators last week. Taylor, who is a native of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, reached base at least once in six of the games he played in last week and had multiple hits in three games during the week. That included homering in back-to-back games on August 21st at Akron and on August 22nd against the visiting Erie SeaWolves.
The 6'4", 212 lb. slugger led all Eastern League hitters in home runs (3), RBIs (10), total bases (21), OPS (1.259), and slugging percentage (.840) last week and tied for the lead in runs scored (8). He also finished ranked among the weekly leaders in batting average (.360-tied 2nd), triples (1-tied 2nd), hits (9-tied 3rd), walks (4-tied 6th), stolen bases (2-tied 7th), and on-base percentage (.419-8th). Michael was selected by the Washington Nationals in the 6th round of the 2009 draft out of Westminster Academy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Tickets for any remaining game this season, including playoff tickets, may be purchased at the Senators box office in person Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., or the via telephone during the same hours as the box office hours. Tickets are also available 24/7, online at www.senatorsbaseball.com. You can find the Senators on Facebook at facebook.com/senatorsbaseball or @hbgsenators on Twitter.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 26, 2019
- First Place 'Wolves Fall to Flying Squirrels - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels Snap Slide with Back-And-Forth Win over SeaWolves - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- R-Phils Roll One Step Closer - Reading Fightin Phils
- Seventh-Inning Rally Leads Sea Dogs Past Rumble Ponies in Series Opener - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Portland Holds on for a 3-2 Win at Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Bow to Goats - Harrisburg Senators
- Goats' Dennis Rolls out Welcome 'Matt' for Senators - Hartford Yard Goats
- Four-Run Seventh Inning Sinks Fisher Cats on Monday, 5-1 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Drop Series Opener in Reading - Bowie Baysox
- Robles Masterful in Blanking RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Four-Run Seventh Lifts Yajure, Thunder to Win - Trenton Thunder
- Domingo Goes Distance, Dominates 'Ducks - Altoona Curve
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #132: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (28-39, 63-68) vs. Portland Sea Dogs (29-34, 60-74) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 26th at Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Michael A. Taylor Named Eastern League Player of the Week - Harrisburg Senators
- Rony Garcia Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week - Trenton Thunder
- Eastern League Weekly Award Winners Announced for August 19th-August 25th - EL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Senators Eliminated with 12-5 Loss
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Bowie - Game 4 WDCS
- Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs Bowie, Game 3, WDCS
- Senators Knot Series in 12