Four-Run Seventh Inning Sinks Fisher Cats on Monday, 5-1
Manchester, N.H. - The Trenton Thunder (New York Yankees Double-A affiliate) pulled away from the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Toronto Blue Jays Double-A affiliate) with four runs in the top of the seventh inning en route to a 5-1 win on Monday night at Delta Dental Stadium.
Trailing 1-0 on an RBI single from Isiah Gilliam, the Fisher Cats tied the score in the bottom of the sixth inning. Riley Adams singled to center and Chad Spanberger belted a double to the triangle in right center to make it 1-1.
Trenton responded with four runs, three unearned, in the top of the seventh. Angel Aguilar had the big hit in the frame, a two-out, two-run double to end the night for Yennsy Diaz (L, 10-9).
He worked 6.2 innings, allowing four hits and five runs (two earned) with no walks and seven strikeouts. Diaz retired the first 10 batters of the game before a single by Zack Zehner in the fourth.
In his Double-A debut for the Thunder, Miguel Yajure allowed one run on six hits in 5.1 innings. Trevor Lane (W, 5-2) earned the win in relief with 2.2 scoreless innings.
William Ouellette worked around two hits for 1.1 innings of scoreless relief, and Vinny Nittoli put up a zero in the ninth.
Brock Lundquist recorded a pair of doubles for the Fisher Cats, who went 0-for-12 with runners in scoring position.
The Fisher Cats and Thunder continue the series on Tuesday at 6:35 p.m. at Delta Dental Stadium. Hector Perez is expected to start for New Hampshire against Trenton's Clarke Schmidt. For tickets and information, visit nhfishercats.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 26, 2019
- First Place 'Wolves Fall to Flying Squirrels - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels Snap Slide with Back-And-Forth Win over SeaWolves - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- R-Phils Roll One Step Closer - Reading Fightin Phils
- Seventh-Inning Rally Leads Sea Dogs Past Rumble Ponies in Series Opener - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Portland Holds on for a 3-2 Win at Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Bow to Goats - Harrisburg Senators
- Goats' Dennis Rolls out Welcome 'Matt' for Senators - Hartford Yard Goats
- Four-Run Seventh Inning Sinks Fisher Cats on Monday, 5-1 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Drop Series Opener in Reading - Bowie Baysox
- Robles Masterful in Blanking RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Four-Run Seventh Lifts Yajure, Thunder to Win - Trenton Thunder
- Domingo Goes Distance, Dominates 'Ducks - Altoona Curve
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #132: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (28-39, 63-68) vs. Portland Sea Dogs (29-34, 60-74) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 26th at Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Michael A. Taylor Named Eastern League Player of the Week - Harrisburg Senators
- Rony Garcia Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week - Trenton Thunder
- Eastern League Weekly Award Winners Announced for August 19th-August 25th - EL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- Fisher Cats to Host Trick-Or-Treat at the Ballpark October 27
- The Rivalry: Red Sox - Yankees Greats Highlight Granite State Baseball Dinner
- Fisher Cats Win Home Finale with Back-To-Back Homers and Terrific Pitching
- Fisher Cats - Thunder Game Postponed Due to Rain Wednesday
- Fisher Cats Outdueled by Thunder in 2-0 Loss Tuesday Night