Mariners Play Two Home Games as Part of Busy Weekend
After a memorable opening game this past Saturday that saw 5,291 fans come through the gate at the Cross Insurance Arena, the Maine Mariners are back home for games on Friday vs. the Reading Royals and Sunday against the Newfoundland Growlers. In between, they travel to Worcester on Saturday for their first road game of the regular season against the Railers.
This past weekend
The Mariners fell into a 3-0 hole in their season opener on Saturday but battled back with power play goals from forward Jason Salvaggio (his first professional point) and defenseman Ryan Culkin to cut the deficit to 3-2 early in the 2nd period. Adirondack regained a two goal lead soon after with a pair of quick strikes and didn't look back on their way to a 6-3 win. Adirondack forward John Edwardh was the game's first star with four points (2 goals, 2 assists). Alex Kile scored the third Mariners goal. A full game recap can be found HERE.
The Mariners hold their first "1-2-3" promotion of the season on Friday (to be repeated every Friday home game): $1 hot dogs, $2 popcorn, and $3 Bud Lights through the start of the 2nd period. Game time is 7:15 PM against the Reading Royals, who are currently tied for first in the North Division, after going 1-0-1 at home against the Worcester Railers this past weekend. The first 1-2-3 night of the season also signals "Oktoberfest," featuring beer-themed promotions and on-ice intermission activities. Up to the first 2,000 fans will receive a Mariners magnet schedule on Friday, courtesy of Portland North Dental.
After the trip to Worcester for a 7:05 faceoff on Saturday, the Mariners welcome in the Newfoundland Growlers, their fellow first year ECHL franchise on Sunday afternoon for a 3:00 PM puck drop. It's "Scout Night," which will include a color guard presentation and an on-ice parade featuring area Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and Girl Scout packs and troops. Following the game is the first "skate with the team" of the season. The postgame skate is open to all who attend the game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 15, 2018
- Former Maverick McAdam Recalled by Maple Leafs - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - October 15 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Mariners Play Two Home Games as Part of Busy Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, October 15 - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Weekly, October 15th - Wichita Thunder
- Walleye Season Underway - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: Jersey Retirement Highlights Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Trade for F Alex Roos - Reading Royals
- Roos Traded to Reading - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 15 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 1 - Indy Fuel
- This Week in Utah Grizzlies Hockey - Utah Grizzlies
- Boston Sends Two Forwards to Atlanta, Glads Sign One - Atlanta Gladiators
- Komets Home Opener Saturday vs Kalamazoo; Split Season Opening Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Monday Report: October 15 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 15 - Tulsa Oilers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.