Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 15
Tulsa picks up three of four possible points on Opening Weekend, including a win Saturday in front of 10,240.
OVERALL RECORD: 1-0-1
LAST WEEK: 1-0-1
Saturday, Oct. 13 - Tulsa 2, Idaho 1 (BOK Center) | Box Score
>> The Tulsa Oilers opened the 2018-19 season with a strong defensive effort in a 2-1 win over the Idaho Steelheads Saturday at the BOK Center in front of 10,240 fans. Captain Adam Pleskach scored the Oilers' first goal and set up rookie forward Jared Thomas later in the opening frame, vaulting Tulsa to a 2-0 lead after one. Late in regulation, the Steelheads spoiled Tulsa's shutout bid, when Brad McClure scored a short-handed goal with 62 seconds left in the game, but Devin Williams stopped 32 of 33 Idaho shots to lead the Oilers to the 2-1 victory.
Sunday, Oct. 14 - Idaho 5, Tulsa 4 (S0) (BOK Center) | Box Score
>> Idaho responded in the rematch Sunday by overcoming two different two-goal deficits to ultimately edge Tulsa in a shootout. Peter Sivak and Kyle Rhodes scored first period goals to put the Oilers ahead 2-0 again, but Steve McParland answered late in the frame and Justin Parizek scored early in the second stanza to tied things at 2-2. Sivak added a second goal for Tulsa, followed by a power play tally from Ryan Tesink to give the Oilers another two-goal cushion. This time, Spencer Naas brought the Steelheads back to within one, and Idaho tied the game in the third period on a power play goal from A.J. White. After a scoreless overtime, Brady Norrish scored the only goal in a four-round shootout to complete the Steelheads' comeback win. Oilers rookie goaltender Evan Fitzpatrick stopped 40 of 44 shots in his first pro start.
THE WEEK AHEAD
Sunday, Oct. 21 - Allen vs. Tulsa, 4:05pm - BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)
- Ryan Tesink posted back-to-back two-point games (1g, 3a) to start the season.
- Jared Thomas scored his first pro goal in the first period of his first ECHL game Saturday.
- With two goals Sunday, Peter Sivak recorded the 24th multi-goal game of his ECHL career.
- The Oilers never trailed in regulation during the two games on Opening Weekend.
- Tulsa starts the season with eight straight home games through Nov. 3.
- The Oilers do not play a game outside their division until Dec. 7 (at Toledo).
POINTS: 4 - Ryan Tesink
GOALS: 2 - Peter Sivak
ASSISTS: 3 - Ryan Tesink
PLUS/MINUS: +2 - Terrance Amorosa, Scott Moldenhauer, Adam Pleskach, Kyle Rhodes
PIMS: 7 - Mike McKee
PP GOALS: 1 - Ryan Tesink
SH GOALS: N/A
GW GOALS: 1 - Jared Thomas
SHOTS: 9 - Peter Sivak
WINS: 1 - Devin Williams
GAA: 1.00 - Devin Williams
SAVE %: .970 - Devin Williams
POWER PLAY: Overall - 1/6 (16.7%)
Last Week - 1/6 (16.7%)
PENALTY KILL: Overall - 4/5 (80%)
Last Week - 4/5 (80%)
With two points (1g, 1a) Saturday, Adam Pleskach is 10 goals (135) behind Sylvain Naud for 3rd in Oilers franchise history and 11 points (258) behind Oilers General Manager Taylor Hall for 7th all-time. Tulsa's captain needs just one more game to break even with Nick Harbaruk (330) for 5th most in an Oilers jersey.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 15, 2018
- Former Maverick McAdam Recalled by Maple Leafs - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - October 15 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Mariners Play Two Home Games as Part of Busy Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, October 15 - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Weekly, October 15th - Wichita Thunder
- Walleye Season Underway - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: Jersey Retirement Highlights Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Trade for F Alex Roos - Reading Royals
- Roos Traded to Reading - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 15 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 1 - Indy Fuel
- This Week in Utah Grizzlies Hockey - Utah Grizzlies
- Boston Sends Two Forwards to Atlanta, Glads Sign One - Atlanta Gladiators
- Komets Home Opener Saturday vs Kalamazoo; Split Season Opening Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Monday Report: October 15 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 15 - Tulsa Oilers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.