Thunder Weekly, October 15th
Wichita, KS - Wichita opened the 2018-19 campaign this past weekend. Take a look back at how the team fared in this edition of Thunder Weekly.
LAST WEEK'S GAMES -
Friday, October 12th
Idaho at Wichita, 3-2, W (SO) recap
Watch highlights HERE
Saturday, October 13th
Allen at Wichita, 4-0 L recap
Watch highlights HERE
THIS WEEK'S GAMES - (All times are Central)
Friday, October 19th
Allen at Wichita, 7:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
-QT Buy-In Night. Buy Tickets Here
Saturday, October 20th
Wichita at Allen, 7:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
**All games can be heard on www.wichitathunder.com or on your smart phone with The Sin Bin App using the keyword The Sin Bin**
**Join Matthew Harding and Matthew Will before every game for the Sin Bin Wichita Thunder Pregame Show. The show starts at 6:20 p.m. for every game except Sunday home games, which starts at 3:20 p.m. You can listen on the Sin Bin app.**
Last 10: 1-1-0-0
Rank: T-3rd, Mountain Division, 2 points
Goals: Jakob Stukel, PC Labrie, 1
Assists: Jake Kulevich, Colin Larkin, John McFarland, 1
Points: Five players with 1 point
+/-: Jakob Stukel, Colin Larkin, +1
PIM: PC Labrie, 10
LAST WEEK - Wichita opened the season with a pair of home games this past weekend. On Friday, the Thunder jumped out to a two-goal lead with markers from Jakob Stukel and Pierre-Cedric Labrie. Idaho battled back to tie the game and force overtime. After a power play and a missed penalty shot in overtime from the Thunder, Colin Jacobs was the only player to score in the shootout to help the Thunder to the victory, 3-2. On Saturday, Wichita couldn't solve C.J. Motte and lost by the final of 4-0.
700 - Malcolm Cameron coached his 700th game on Friday night, joining some elite company in the ECHL record books. He joins just four other coaches to reach that feat in the league. Friday night was also his 373rd ECHL win, putting him one behind Steve Martinson for fifth place all-time in that category.
IMPRESSIVE DEBUT - Stuart Skinner played his first pro game on Friday night and earned a 3-2 shootout win. The rookie netminder out of Edmonton, Alberta is third in the league in goals-against (1.85) and save percentage (.950).
FIRSTS - Jakob Stukel recorded his first pro goal and PC Labrie scored his first ECHL marker. It was the first for both players.
BUSTED - Wichita is one of seven teams in the league that hasn't allowed a power play goal through the first weekend. The Thunder penalty kill went 7-for-7 over the weekend, busting both Allen and Idaho's power play units.
RIVALRY RENEWED - Wichita and Allen are in the middle of a three-game set against each other. After this Friday's match-up against the Americans, the Thunder will travel to Texas on Saturday for Allen's home opener. The two teams play each other a total of 14 times this season.
THUNDERBOLTS... Jake Kulevich and John McFarland each earned assists in their Thunder debuts...Colin Larkin grabbed his first pro point with an assist on Friday...Wichita is seventh in the league in shots for per game (38.50)...
The Thunder closes a three-game homestand on Friday night against the Allen Americans. Friday is QT Buy-In Night. Head to any local QT location for your complimentary upper level ticket vouchers that can be redeemed at our office or the box office the night of the game for an upper level ticket, while supplies last. Buy tickets here.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 15, 2018
- Former Maverick McAdam Recalled by Maple Leafs - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - October 15 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Mariners Play Two Home Games as Part of Busy Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, October 15 - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Weekly, October 15th - Wichita Thunder
- Walleye Season Underway - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: Jersey Retirement Highlights Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Trade for F Alex Roos - Reading Royals
- Roos Traded to Reading - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 15 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 1 - Indy Fuel
- This Week in Utah Grizzlies Hockey - Utah Grizzlies
- Boston Sends Two Forwards to Atlanta, Glads Sign One - Atlanta Gladiators
- Komets Home Opener Saturday vs Kalamazoo; Split Season Opening Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Monday Report: October 15 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 15 - Tulsa Oilers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wichita Thunder Stories
- Thunder Closes Western Swing with 3-1 Loss at Utah
- Vesey Nets First of Season in 4-1 Loss at Utah
- Captains, Skills Competition Participants Named for 2020 Warrior ECHL All-Star Classic, Presented by Toyota
- Wichita Falls in the Black Hills to Rapid City
- Wells Returns; Desharnais Recalled to Bako