Walleye Season Underway
Overall Record: 1-1-0-0, 1st Central Division
Current Streak: 1 Loss
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
October 12 at Greenville (4-3 OT Win)
October 13 at Greenville (4-2 Loss)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES (All Times Eastern)
October 20 at Indy at 7:30 p.m. (7:15 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230)
WALLEYE WEEKLY SCHEDULE (Monday, October 15 through Sunday, October 21)
Monday, October 15 - No Practice
Tuesday, October 16 - Practice at Huntington Center at 10:30 a.m.
Wednesday, October 17 - Practice at Huntington Center at 10:30 a.m.
Thursday, October 18 - Practice at Tam-O-Shanter at 10:30 a.m.
Friday, October 19 - Practice at Tam-O-Shanter at 10:30 a.m.
Saturday, October 20 - Game at Indy at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, October 21 - No Practice
Please note all times are subject to change. For the latest news on the Toledo Walleye visit www.toledowalleye.com.
Starting the season in Greenville: Toledo started season 10 of Walleye hockey with back to back games in South Carolina. Friday night, the Walleye fell behind 3-0 midway through the second period before Matt Register's shorthanded goal from the Walleye zone sparked a rally that was completed when AJ Jenks scored 3:17 into overtime for a 4-3 win. Saturday night, Jenks was at it again as he scored to even the game at two with under five minutes left but a Greenville goal less than a minute later sealed Toledo's fate in a 4-2 loss.
Historical season opening games: The Walleye have a record of 5-4-1 all-time in games to open a season following the Friday night overtime victory.
Sadowy lights it up: Forward Dylan Sadowy opened up the regular season in fine fashion scoring twice on Friday night including the game-tying goal with under two minutes left in the game. Sadowy followed up that night by scoring a shorthanded goal to open the scoring on Saturday night.
Shorthanded: Toledo scored a shorthanded goal in each of the games played in Greenville. The Walleye scored a total of five shorthanded goals all last season. The Walleye record for the most shorthanded goals in a season is 10 reached three times (2009-10, 2012-13, and 2016-17).
One game week: Only one game on tap for Toledo this week as they will travel to Indy on Saturday for a game against the Fuel. It has been a one-sided series in favor of the Walleye with an all-time record of 23-2-1.
ONLY 12 days until the Walleye Home Opener: Woooo! Wooo! The 10th season of Walleye hockey opens at the Huntington Center on Saturday, October 27 at 7:15 p.m. and is presented by Great Clips. Tickets are on sale now at 419-725-9255 or visit the Toledo Walleye website.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Dylan Sadowy (3 goals - 0 assists = 3 points)
GOALTENDER OF THE WEEK
Pat Nagle (1-0-0, 2.84 GAA, .875 save %)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 15, 2018
- Former Maverick McAdam Recalled by Maple Leafs - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - October 15 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Mariners Play Two Home Games as Part of Busy Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, October 15 - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Weekly, October 15th - Wichita Thunder
- Walleye Season Underway - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: Jersey Retirement Highlights Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Trade for F Alex Roos - Reading Royals
- Roos Traded to Reading - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 15 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 1 - Indy Fuel
- This Week in Utah Grizzlies Hockey - Utah Grizzlies
- Boston Sends Two Forwards to Atlanta, Glads Sign One - Atlanta Gladiators
- Komets Home Opener Saturday vs Kalamazoo; Split Season Opening Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Monday Report: October 15 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 15 - Tulsa Oilers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.