Former Maverick McAdam Recalled by Maple Leafs
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - Former Mavericks goalie Eamon McAdam has been called up to the Toronto Maple Leafs, announced Monday by the NHL club.
The move is on an emergency basis with McAdam receiving the call from ECHL Newfoundland, taking the spot of Frederik Andersen who is day-to-day with a knee injury.
McAdam tended the crease in 17 games for the Mavericks during the 2016-17 season, posting a 3.12 Goals Against Average and .916 Save Percentage.
The Perkasie, Pennsylvania native is the fifth former Maverick to reach the NHL and the third currently in the league, joining Tanner Fritz and Ross Johnston of the New York Islanders. McAdam is the third Maverick goalie to real the sport's pinnacle, his call-up coming a year after Maxime Lagace and the Vegas Golden Knights reached the Stanley Cup Final and one season after Ville Husso's first call-up by the St. Louis Blues.
The Leafs are in action tonight against the Los Angeles Kings, a 6:30 p.m. CT puck drop.
The Mavericks will hit the road next weekend for a pair of contests with the Rapid City Rush on Saturday and Sunday, and will follow with a road game at Tulsa on Friday, Oct. 26 before returning home on the 27th against the Indy Fuel.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 15, 2018
- Former Maverick McAdam Recalled by Maple Leafs - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - October 15 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Mariners Play Two Home Games as Part of Busy Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, October 15 - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Weekly, October 15th - Wichita Thunder
- Walleye Season Underway - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Weekly: Jersey Retirement Highlights Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Trade for F Alex Roos - Reading Royals
- Roos Traded to Reading - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 15 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 1 - Indy Fuel
- This Week in Utah Grizzlies Hockey - Utah Grizzlies
- Boston Sends Two Forwards to Atlanta, Glads Sign One - Atlanta Gladiators
- Komets Home Opener Saturday vs Kalamazoo; Split Season Opening Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Monday Report: October 15 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 15 - Tulsa Oilers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge
- Mavericks Clinch Best Start in Team History with Seventh-Straight Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Thunder in Kids Day Game Clash
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12