Malinski Recalled by Colorado Avalanche
WINDSOR, CO. - The Colorado Eagles, proud AHL affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, have announced that defenseman Sam Malinski has been recalled by the team's NHL affiliate. Malinski has generated three goals and six assists in 17 AHL games with Colorado this season and has also skated in one NHL game with the Avalanche.
The 5-foot-11, 190-pound blueliner joined the Eagles late last season after finishing his senior year at Cornell University, where he recorded 26 points (8g/18a) in 34 outings. Named team captain as a senior, Malinski ranked third on the team and first among defenseman in points and ranked second on the team in assists. The 25-year-old earned First-Team All-ECAC honors for the second straight year, the first Cornell defenseman to be named to the conference's first team in consecutive seasons since 2003 (Douglas Murray). He appeared in 91 career games with the Big Red from 2019-23, totaling 65 points (17g/48a).
Malinski notched three goals and two assists in seven games with the Eagles last season. He would go on to add five assists in seven AHL postseason contests with Colorado.
The Eagles will be back in action when they take on the Iowa Wild on Friday, December 1st at 7:05pm MT at Blue Arena. Tickets for all regular season games are on sale now and start at just $23. You can find more information on ticket packages, theme nights, and promotional offers, by visiting ColoradoEagles.com or by calling the ticket department at (970) 686-7468.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2023
- Bojangles Game Preview: December 1 vs. Hershey - Charlotte Checkers
- Abbotsford Canucks vs Laval Rocket Series Preview - Abbotsford Canucks
- San Diego Gulls Announce Schedule Change - San Diego Gulls
- Syracuse Crunch to Provide Complimentary Sensory Kits Courtesy of Quadrant Laboratories - Syracuse Crunch
- Utica Comets and Turning Stone Resort Casino to Host Knockout Poker Tournament - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Set to Host Annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday Night - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Affiliate Report - November 2023 - Charlotte Checkers
- LA Kings, Anaheim Ducks Bring Freeway Faceoff Rivalry to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Wolf Pack Weekend Preview: November 30th, 2023 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Malinski Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kent Johnson from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Recall Pekar and Digiacinto from Loan to Cincinnati Cyclones - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 'Excited to Get Back to It' - Calgary Wranglers
- Leon Gawanke Leads the Way as Barracuda Beat Firebirds for the First Time Ever - San Jose Barracuda
- Henderson Drops Contest to Bakersfield in Shootout - Henderson Silver Knights
- Gulls Downed By Stars In Overtime, 6-5 - San Diego Gulls
- Stars Stave Off Gulls For Overtime Victory - Texas Stars
- Condors Edge Knights 3 in Shootout - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Eagles Score Five Unanswered to Defeat Calgary, 5-4
- Colorado Captures Seventh-Straight Win With 4-3 OT Victory Over Canucks
- Eagles Kick off Road Trip with 5-2 Win at Abbotsford
- Prosvetov Earns Second-Consecutive Shutout as Colorado Wins Fifth Straight
- Prosvetov Turns in 15-Save Shutout in Eagles' 4-0 Blanking of Henderson