LumberKings Fall to Wisconsin, 4-2
Clinton, IA - For the second time in as many nights, the LumberKings had a chance to win a game late against the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers but fell short. Clinton dropped its second straight to Wisconsin on Wednesday night, 4-2, at Ashford University Field. Clinton has now dropped seven of eight against Wisconsin
The LumberKings got on the board first on a run-scoring single by Ramon Morla in the opening inning. Wisconsin came right back with two runs in the second inning on a solo home run from Ben McMahan and a RBI single by Tyler Roberts.
The T-Rats picked up single tallies in the third and fourth inning to take a 4-1 lead. It stayed 4-1 until the eighth inning when Clinton made things interesting. Jamal Austin reached on an error by third baseman Brandon Macias. Ji-Man Choi followed with a sharp single to left but Austin was thrown out at home on a strike by McMahan in left field for the first out in the inning. Choi took second on the throw and scored on Morla's second RBI single of the night to make it 4-2. They brought the tying run to the plate after Anthony Phillips' two-out single in the ninth but Austin flied out to right to end the game.
The two teams meet on Thursday night as right-hander Ambioris Hidalgo (2-8, 5.04) takes the mound for Clinton against right-hander Drew Gagnon (5-1, 2.66) for Wisconsin. In the last home game of the first-half for the LumberKings, fans in attendance will enjoy a performance by Skyydogs USA. First pitch is scheduled for 7:00 PM.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 13, 2012
- Bees Beat Kernels, 14-9 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Loons Lose Battle to Dragons - Great Lakes Loons
- LumberKings Fall to Wisconsin, 4-2 - Clinton LumberKings
- Quad Cities Walks off at Home against Kane County, 6-5 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougars Drop a Heartbreaker - Kane County Cougars
- Snappers Lose, But Inch Closer to Playoffs - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Keep Playoff Hopes Alive with 7-1 Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Wisconsin beats Clinton 4-2 to win sixth straight - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons Rally to Win, 8-7 - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts Blank TinCaps, 7-0 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Whitewash TinCaps, 7-0 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cougars' Mateo Added to All-Star Roster - Kane County Cougars
- Vettleson Nearly the Hero, Moya Saves 'Caps - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Timber Rattlers Announce Playoff Ticket Packages for 2012 Postseason - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Helm Goes Deep, Hawks Squeak Past Captains - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Silver Hawks Soar to 5-4 Victory - Lake County Captains
- Angels top picks R.J. Alvarez and Alex Yarbrough join Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cononie Added to Roster, Floethe to D.L. - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Gameday for June 13 - Dayton Dragons
- Little League Recognition Day Returns to Community Field - Burlington Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.