Dragons Gameday for June 13
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 l Game # 66
Dow Diamond l Midland, Mich. l 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WONE-AM 980
Dayton Dragons (27-38) at Great Lakes Loons (31-34)
RH Jacob Johnson (0-1, 3.00) vs. RH Ralston Cash (1-1, 4.50)
Today's Game : The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Great Lakes Loons (affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers) in the second game of a three-game series. Streaks : The Dragons have won six of their last nine games.
- Sean Buckley is batting .357 over his last 20 games with two home runs and 11 doubles. He has raised his batting average from .153 to .238.
- Ryan Wright is batting .351 over his last 20 games with 10 doubles and a triple to raise his average from .273 to .299.
- Kyle Waldrop is batting .319 with three home runs over his last 19 games to raise his average from .244 to .271.
- Juan Silva is batting .387 over his last 11 games, raising his average from .210 to .243.
- Mike Dennhardt over his last seven relief appearances: 13.1 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 SO.
The Dragons have won two-out-of-three games in four straight sets entering this series. They will need wins Wednesday and Thursday to keep the series streak alive. In the two of the previous four sets, they lost the first game before winning the next two. The Dragons have won six of their last nine games. The Dragons are 13-11 over their last 24 games after going 2-16 over the previous 18 games. They were 12-11 prior to that 18-game stretch. The Dragons are 0-10 vs. Lansing; 27-28 vs. the remainder of the Midwest League. The Dragons are batting .269 as a team over their last 22 games (198 for 736). They are hitting .240 on the year. The Dragons are batting .333 (67 for 201) with runners in scoring position over their last 20 games (2 for 9 last night).
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 13, 2012
- Bees Beat Kernels, 14-9 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Loons Lose Battle to Dragons - Great Lakes Loons
- LumberKings Fall to Wisconsin, 4-2 - Clinton LumberKings
- Quad Cities Walks off at Home against Kane County, 6-5 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougars Drop a Heartbreaker - Kane County Cougars
- Snappers Lose, But Inch Closer to Playoffs - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Keep Playoff Hopes Alive with 7-1 Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Wisconsin beats Clinton 4-2 to win sixth straight - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons Rally to Win, 8-7 - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts Blank TinCaps, 7-0 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Whitewash TinCaps, 7-0 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cougars' Mateo Added to All-Star Roster - Kane County Cougars
- Vettleson Nearly the Hero, Moya Saves 'Caps - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Timber Rattlers Announce Playoff Ticket Packages for 2012 Postseason - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Helm Goes Deep, Hawks Squeak Past Captains - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Silver Hawks Soar to 5-4 Victory - Lake County Captains
- Angels top picks R.J. Alvarez and Alex Yarbrough join Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cononie Added to Roster, Floethe to D.L. - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Gameday for June 13 - Dayton Dragons
- Little League Recognition Day Returns to Community Field - Burlington Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.