Lopez's 4 Hits, Taylor's 4 RBI Send Bats Cruising Past Chasers
OMAHA, Neb. - Alejo Lopez matched his career high with four hits, Beau Taylor drove in four runs to finish one RBI shy of his best mark of his Minor League career and the Louisville Bats kept their foot on the throttle all night to cruise past the Omaha Storm Chasers 12-2 Saturday at Werner Park.
Collectively, the Bats' offense matched both the most hits and runs scored in a full game in 2021 through just the first four innings Saturday against Omaha. Louisville erupted for eight runs on 12 base knocks over those first four frames, jumping out to an 8-2 lead, before piling on four more runs in the sixth for good measure.
Lopez led all batters in hits with his 4-for-6 effort with four singles, a run scored and three RBI. He leads Minor League Baseball with 63 total hits in 42 games this season and is riding the Bats' longest hitting streak since August of 2019 with hits in each of his last eight games.
Taylor doubled, homered and drove in four runs in his standout effort tonight. The backstop has 11 hits over his last 10 games and has driven seven of those 11 hits for extra bases.
Mark Payton also homered in the win as he (2-for-6), Alfredo Rodriguez (3-for-5), Chris Okey (2-for-5) and Michael De Leon (2-for-5) each contributed multi-hit efforts for Louisville.
Starter Riley O'Brien fanned a season-high eight batters with two runs over his 5.0-inning outing.
Louisville will seek a series split in Sunday's finale at 8:05 p.m. at Werner Park. RHP Bo Takahashi (1-3, 6.23) toes the slab against RHP Daniel Lynch (3-1, 4.88).
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from June 19, 2021
- Iowa Falls 8-1 After Saints Strike Early - Iowa Cubs
- Barnes Throws Five No-Hit Innings, Offense Pounds out 13 Hits in 8-1 Win - St. Paul Saints
- Chasers Fall in Lopsided Loss to Louisville - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Lopez's 4 Hits, Taylor's 4 RBI Send Bats Cruising Past Chasers - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Win Third Consecutive Game, Beating Red Wings 8-6 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Top Rochester American Giants on Negro League Night - Rochester Red Wings
- Hunter Owen Grand Slam Seals Indians Win - Indianapolis Indians
- Knights Cruise Past Jumbo Shrimp 13-7 Saturday - Charlotte Knights
- Jacksonville Succumbs to Six-Run Fifth Inning, Falls 13-7 to Charlotte - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Stewart Hits Three Doubles, But Hens Fall to Clippers - Toledo Mud Hens
- Redbirds Falter and Fall at Indianapolis - Memphis Redbirds
- Bulls Bats Break the Tides 9-0 - Durham Bulls
- Hart, Lopez Lead WooSox to 6-3 Win over IronPigs - Worcester Red Sox
- Rally Stalled in the 9th - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Syracuse and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Postponed - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mets and RailRiders Postponed on Saturday, Doubleheader Scheduled for July 7th - Syracuse Mets
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (21-18) vs. Memphis Redbirds (16-24) - Indianapolis Indians
- June 19 Game Notes: Iowa at St. Paul - Iowa Cubs
- Matchups Set for IHSAA Baseball State Finals - Indianapolis Indians
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: June 19, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds and Stripers Postponed in Gwinnett - Nashville Sounds
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - June 19, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Strong Pitching from Blewett and Bullpen Leads Chasers to Friday Night Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Scores Five Unanswered to Win in Extras - Iowa Cubs
- Saints Fall in Extras to Iowa Cubs, 6-5 in 10 - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.