Loggers Split Series in Rainy Finish
LA CROSSE, Wis - The Loggers fell to the Huskies last night in a 12-6 effort. Mother Nature had her say as an hour-long rain delay ensued during the early innings. The Loss doesn't change the standings for the Loggers though, as they remain in 2nd place in the Great Plains East.
Going into the rain delay, the Loggers were down 2-0, but an Aiden Sweatt 3-run HR gave La Crosse the lead. The Huskies weren't held back for long though, as they put three runs on the board in the 6th giving them the lead. From there the Huskies tacked on 7 more before earning the win.
The Loggers put together 7 extra-base hits (including a 3-run homer from Aidan Sweatt [North Florida], and a 2-double night from Ronnie Sweeny [Minnesota]); sadly, it wasn't enough to overcome the boys from Duluth.
The biggest problem for the Loggers was their pitching as they walked 15 and hit 3 batters. The free bases given by the Loggers killed them. Will McEntire received the win for the Huskies, while Ethan Bradford earned the Loss for the Loggers.
The Lumbermen go on a 2-game road trip before returning to Copeland Park for a doubleheader Wednesday against the Waterloo Bucks.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 21, 2021
- MoonDogs Get Shutout in First Game of Home-And-Home Series with Stingers - Mankato MoonDogs
- Woodchucks Hold off Booyah - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Fifth Consecutive Win Sends Rox to First Place - St. Cloud Rox
- Booyah Comeback Falls Short - Green Bay Booyah
- Larks Dogpile on Puppies - Bismarck Larks
- Kingfish Fall to Traverse City in Small-Ball Battle - Kenosha Kingfish
- Pitcher's Duel Winner for Pit Spitters - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters Fall to Chinooks in Return to Witter Field - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Booyah Look Ahead to New Week - Green Bay Booyah
- Bismarck Larks and Farmers Union Insurance giving away free jerseys in exchange for canned food - Bismarck Larks
- Day Looks to Continue Good Start to Season in Fond Du Lac - Madison Mallards
- Loggers Split Series in Rainy Finish - La Crosse Loggers
- Kingfish Win 8-6 to Sweep the Bombers - Kenosha Kingfish
- Growlers Top Chinooks 5-1, Leave Fish in Rain with a Sweep - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Big Kingfish Sixth Inning Amounts to a 12-2 Win against Bombers - Kenosha Kingfish
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent La Crosse Loggers Stories
- Loggers Have League-High 7 Selected to MLDS
- La Crosse Unable to Hold on to Early Lead, Swept by Rochester in 12-10 Loss
- Bats Go Silent After Hot Start, Loggers Fall 6-2
- Loggers Head into All-Star Break in 3rd Place After Loss
- Loggers Walk-Off against Bucks to Win 3rd Straight