Larks Dogpile on Puppies
The Larks defeated the Minnesota Mud Puppies 13-1 on Monday night in a game presented by Bismarck Cancer Center to open up a four game series.
Larks starter Drew Beazley turned in another impressive performance, going five shutout innings with five strikeouts while allowing no walks. Ryan Bourassa entered the game to pitch the sixth and seventh inning. The Larks strikeout leader (27), recorded five strikeouts and was using his nasty splitter with his fastball. Bourassa's heater registered 93 on the radar gun at times, for the Metro-Area Ambulance Fastest Pitch.Â
All, but one hitter in the Larks lineup recorded a hit. The Larks wrapped up the night with 15 total hits. Ben Teel was a standout on Monday, the first-baseman recorded two hits, had a team high four RBIs and hit a three-run homerun in the fifth for the Fetzer Electric Play of The Game. Teel now has hit safely in his last three games.
In addition to Teel's big evening, the Larks three and four hitters in shortstop, Kam Willman, and outfielder, Jaxon Rosencranz, combined to go 4-8 at the plate. Both Willman and Rosencranz have averages over .300 on the season and continue to provide a spark in the Larks lineup.
The Larks continue their series against the Mud Puppies tomorrow morning at 9:35 AM when Larks' Ryan Carmack takes the ball against the Mud Puppies starter, Ryan Sleeper as the first part of a day-night doubleheader. Larks ace, Seth Brewer, makes his fourth start of the season for the 6:35 first pitch.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 21, 2021
- MoonDogs Get Shutout in First Game of Home-And-Home Series with Stingers - Mankato MoonDogs
- Woodchucks Hold off Booyah - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Fifth Consecutive Win Sends Rox to First Place - St. Cloud Rox
- Booyah Comeback Falls Short - Green Bay Booyah
- Larks Dogpile on Puppies - Bismarck Larks
- Kingfish Fall to Traverse City in Small-Ball Battle - Kenosha Kingfish
- Pitcher's Duel Winner for Pit Spitters - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters Fall to Chinooks in Return to Witter Field - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Booyah Look Ahead to New Week - Green Bay Booyah
- Bismarck Larks and Farmers Union Insurance giving away free jerseys in exchange for canned food - Bismarck Larks
- Day Looks to Continue Good Start to Season in Fond Du Lac - Madison Mallards
- Loggers Split Series in Rainy Finish - La Crosse Loggers
- Kingfish Win 8-6 to Sweep the Bombers - Kenosha Kingfish
- Growlers Top Chinooks 5-1, Leave Fish in Rain with a Sweep - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Big Kingfish Sixth Inning Amounts to a 12-2 Win against Bombers - Kenosha Kingfish
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.