Lincoln Defeats X's 10-7
Lincoln, NE-----The Lincoln Saltdogs salvaged the final game of the three game series with a 10-7 win over the Sioux City Explorers at Haymarket Park Sunday.
The Explorers took a 2-0 lead in the second inning, but it was short lived as Lincoln sent nine batters to the plate in the bottom of the second to take a 4-2 lead. The X's pulled to within a run in the fourth inning on a solo home run by Peter Barrows, his fourth of the year.
However, in the bottom of the fourth Lincoln basically put the game away scoring three runs off Explorers starter and losing pitcher Andy Noga, who drops to 1-4 for the season.
Although the Explorers lost the final game of the series, Sioux City won the series two games to one.
The Explorers will now begin a six-game home stand Monday starting with a three-game series with Kansas City. Game time will be 7:05 at Lewis and Clark Park.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 9, 2013
- Diablos lose highly contested game and series against the AirHogs - El Paso Diablos
- Kansas City Falls Short, Drops Finale to Quebec City - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saltdogs Slug Way to 10-7 Victory over X's - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lincoln Defeats X's 10-7 - Sioux City Explorers
- Franchise First: Birds Sweep RailCats on the Road - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Recaps - AA
- King, RedHawks Sweep Goldeyes in 7-2 Victory - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Canaries Sweep 'Cats in 9-5 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Disappointing Road Trip Comes to an End - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saltdogs Sign MLB Veteran Burns - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs to Resume Game Tonight - Laredo Lemurs
- Saints and Wingnuts Rained Out, Double Header on June 14 in Wichita - St. Paul Saints
- Sunday's Game Postponed, Double Header Friday - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 9th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Start of Sunday's RedHawks Game Delayed to 2:00 pm - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Start of Sunday's RedHawks Game Delayed to 2:00 pm - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Lemurs game with Amarillo suspended - AA
- AirHogs come out on fire in 12-4 victory over Diablos - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs and Sox Postponed Till Sunday - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Clip Lincoln 6-5 - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs return the favor, and tie the series at 1-1 - El Paso Diablos
- Raben's Big Night for Naught as 'Dogs Fall - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux City Explorers Stories
- Saints Sweep X's to Win American Association Championship
- X's Can't Deliver Clutch Hits in Home Finale, Pushed to Brink in Finals
- Saints Dominate Explorers to Open American Association Finals
- Explorers Are Finals Bound
- Sermo, Samson and Bullpen Team up to Take Game Three