Saints and Wingnuts Rained Out, Double Header on June 14 in Wichita
ST. PAUL, MN (June 9, 2013) - The St. Paul Saints are nearing a franchise record without even playing games. For the fourth time this season they have been rained out and will play a double header, one shy of the franchise record of five, played in 2000.
The Saints and Wingnuts were rained out on Sunday and will make it up as part of a double header on June 14 when the Saints play at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium. The two teams do not play another game at Midway Stadium. Game one will begin at 5:05 p.m. with game two beginning approximately 30 minutes at the conclusion of game one. Both games are scheduled for seven innings. Fans that had tickets to Sunday's rained out game can use their tickets for any regular season game the rest of the season and must exchange their tickets at the box office. Tickets of equal value will be exchanged at no additional charge, but fans can upgrade their seats or exchange them for a fireworks game, but must pay the difference.
The Saints welcome the Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks to town on Monday night at 7:05 p.m. in game one of a three game series. The Saints will start RHP Anthony Claggett (3-0, 2.63). It is Back to the 60s as we celebrate the 50th birthday of Saints Vice President Tom Whaley. The game can be heard on Club 1220 AM or in the ballpark on 87.9 FM.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 9, 2013
- Diablos lose highly contested game and series against the AirHogs - El Paso Diablos
- Kansas City Falls Short, Drops Finale to Quebec City - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saltdogs Slug Way to 10-7 Victory over X's - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lincoln Defeats X's 10-7 - Sioux City Explorers
- Franchise First: Birds Sweep RailCats on the Road - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Recaps - AA
- King, RedHawks Sweep Goldeyes in 7-2 Victory - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Canaries Sweep 'Cats in 9-5 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Disappointing Road Trip Comes to an End - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saltdogs Sign MLB Veteran Burns - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs to Resume Game Tonight - Laredo Lemurs
- Saints and Wingnuts Rained Out, Double Header on June 14 in Wichita - St. Paul Saints
- Sunday's Game Postponed, Double Header Friday - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 9th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Start of Sunday's RedHawks Game Delayed to 2:00 pm - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Start of Sunday's RedHawks Game Delayed to 2:00 pm - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Lemurs game with Amarillo suspended - AA
- AirHogs come out on fire in 12-4 victory over Diablos - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs and Sox Postponed Till Sunday - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Clip Lincoln 6-5 - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs return the favor, and tie the series at 1-1 - El Paso Diablos
- Raben's Big Night for Naught as 'Dogs Fall - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Paul Saints Stories
- American Association Finals MVP Chesny Young Re-Signs with Saints
- Saints Roll out #ClassicSaintsCommunity Series to Benefit Local Charities
- Nothing Trashy About the Saints 2020 Promotions, All 50 Will Leave Fans Buzzing During the Summer
- Armed and Ready, Saints Add Familiar Hurler to Rotation Sign Matt Solter
- Mr. No-Hitter, All-Star Eddie Medina, Returns for Third Season with Saints