Diablos lose highly contested game and series against the AirHogs
El Paso, TX- Game three of the Diablos-AirHogs series turned out to be the most exciting game of this early season for the Diablos, with many lead exchanges and late inning drama, sadly the Diablos lose the game 8-7, and series 2-1 to the Grand Prairie AirHogs.
Both teams displayed great pitching from the start of the game, Diablos starting pitcher Kevin Brahney was exceptional in his third start of the season going, 5.0 innings before giving up his first run. The Diablos first offensive attack of the game came in the fourth inning, thanks to a wild pitch, and a Jonathan Cisneros RBI single.
Later in the game things became much closer, what seemed to be a definitive Diablos win was turning out to be a closely contested game. The AirHogs tied the game in the top of the sixth inning, before the Diablos came right back with a run of their own in the bottom of the inning, thanks to a Jonathan Cisneros single to put the Diablos back up by one.
Finally in the bottom of the eighth inning it looked like the Diablos put the game away scoring two runs, thanks to RBI singles from designated hitter Roberto Ramirez, and right fielder Miguel Chacoa to make it a 7-6 lead, but the AirHogs came back and struck for four runs in the top of the ninth inning to take a 8-7 lead, which concluded to be the final score.
The Diablos are now 6-16 this season, and have concluded their three game series against the Grand Prairie AirHogs. The Diablos start another three game series tomorrow night against the Amarillo Sox, 7:05 Cohen Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 9, 2013
- Diablos lose highly contested game and series against the AirHogs - El Paso Diablos
- Kansas City Falls Short, Drops Finale to Quebec City - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saltdogs Slug Way to 10-7 Victory over X's - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lincoln Defeats X's 10-7 - Sioux City Explorers
- Franchise First: Birds Sweep RailCats on the Road - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Recaps - AA
- King, RedHawks Sweep Goldeyes in 7-2 Victory - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Canaries Sweep 'Cats in 9-5 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Disappointing Road Trip Comes to an End - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saltdogs Sign MLB Veteran Burns - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs to Resume Game Tonight - Laredo Lemurs
- Saints and Wingnuts Rained Out, Double Header on June 14 in Wichita - St. Paul Saints
- Sunday's Game Postponed, Double Header Friday - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 9th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Start of Sunday's RedHawks Game Delayed to 2:00 pm - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Start of Sunday's RedHawks Game Delayed to 2:00 pm - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Lemurs game with Amarillo suspended - AA
- AirHogs come out on fire in 12-4 victory over Diablos - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs and Sox Postponed Till Sunday - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Clip Lincoln 6-5 - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs return the favor, and tie the series at 1-1 - El Paso Diablos
- Raben's Big Night for Naught as 'Dogs Fall - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.