American Association Recaps
June 9, 2013 - American Association (AA) News Release
Sioux Falls 9, Gary SouthShore 5
Sioux Falls plated three runs in the seventh inning to break open a 6-5 game and would go on to victory by the score of 9-5 over Gary SouthShore. Canaries CF Nick Van Stratten was terrific as he went 3-for-4 on the day with a home run and four RBI. Four other Sioux Falls hitters had multi-hit games including SS Cory Morales who had a 2-for-5 game with a run scored and two runs batted in. Canaries starting pitcher Mitchell Clegg collected his first win of the season. Clegg went five innings and gave up five earned runs on nine hits.
Fargo-Moorhead 7, Winnipeg 2
Fargo-Moorhead jumped on Winnipeg early scoring four runs in the first inning to take a 4-0 lead and would roll from there to a 7-2 win over the Goldeyes. The win by the RedHawks was their third in a row and completed the sweep of Winnipeg. Four players had multi-hit games for Fargo-Moorhead including 1B Keith Brachold who went 2-for-4 with two runs scored and a RBI. RedHawks reliever Mackenzie King notched the victory as he went 3 2/3 innings allowing only a hit and a walk. For Winnipeg in the loss, LF Ryan Scoma had a 2-for-4 day with a run scored and a RBI.
Wichita at St. Paul (Postponed - Rain)
The game between Wichita and St. Paul was postponed due to rain. It will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Friday, June 14 beginning at 5:05 PM in Wichita at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 9, 2013
- Diablos lose highly contested game and series against the AirHogs - El Paso Diablos
- Kansas City Falls Short, Drops Finale to Quebec City - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saltdogs Slug Way to 10-7 Victory over X's - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lincoln Defeats X's 10-7 - Sioux City Explorers
- Franchise First: Birds Sweep RailCats on the Road - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Recaps - AA
- King, RedHawks Sweep Goldeyes in 7-2 Victory - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Canaries Sweep 'Cats in 9-5 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Disappointing Road Trip Comes to an End - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saltdogs Sign MLB Veteran Burns - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs to Resume Game Tonight - Laredo Lemurs
- Saints and Wingnuts Rained Out, Double Header on June 14 in Wichita - St. Paul Saints
- Sunday's Game Postponed, Double Header Friday - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 9th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Start of Sunday's RedHawks Game Delayed to 2:00 pm - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Start of Sunday's RedHawks Game Delayed to 2:00 pm - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Lemurs game with Amarillo suspended - AA
- AirHogs come out on fire in 12-4 victory over Diablos - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs and Sox Postponed Till Sunday - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Clip Lincoln 6-5 - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs return the favor, and tie the series at 1-1 - El Paso Diablos
- Raben's Big Night for Naught as 'Dogs Fall - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.