AirHogs come out on fire in 12-4 victory over Diablos
El Paso- The AirHogs exploded on offense and extinguished the El Paso Diablos beating them 12-4 on Saturday night at Cohen Stadium. The victory comes with Derek Blacksher on the mound earning his first victory of the season. Blacksher went 8 and two-thirds of an inning allowing only four runs but also striking out four. Coming in to close the game was David Quinowski who gave up one hit but no runs and struck out the last batter of the game.
For Grand Prairie the bats came ready including a three-run shot by Andres Rodriguez in the first inning. On the day Rodriguez went 4-for-5 driving in three runs and scoring three times as well. Ryan Pineda went 3-for-5 and scored two runs. He also drove in three runs. Angel Flores batted in two runs going 3-for-4. Brian Myrow went 2-for-3 and came across the plate three times as well for the AirHogs.
It seemed to click on all cylinders for the AirHogs Saturday night. The AirHogs look to take the series from the Diablos tomorrow at Cohen Stadium. The game will start at 6:05 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 9, 2013
- Diablos lose highly contested game and series against the AirHogs - El Paso Diablos
- Kansas City Falls Short, Drops Finale to Quebec City - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saltdogs Slug Way to 10-7 Victory over X's - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lincoln Defeats X's 10-7 - Sioux City Explorers
- Franchise First: Birds Sweep RailCats on the Road - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Recaps - AA
- King, RedHawks Sweep Goldeyes in 7-2 Victory - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Canaries Sweep 'Cats in 9-5 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Disappointing Road Trip Comes to an End - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saltdogs Sign MLB Veteran Burns - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs to Resume Game Tonight - Laredo Lemurs
- Saints and Wingnuts Rained Out, Double Header on June 14 in Wichita - St. Paul Saints
- Sunday's Game Postponed, Double Header Friday - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 9th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Start of Sunday's RedHawks Game Delayed to 2:00 pm - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Start of Sunday's RedHawks Game Delayed to 2:00 pm - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Lemurs game with Amarillo suspended - AA
- AirHogs come out on fire in 12-4 victory over Diablos - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs and Sox Postponed Till Sunday - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Clip Lincoln 6-5 - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs return the favor, and tie the series at 1-1 - El Paso Diablos
- Raben's Big Night for Naught as 'Dogs Fall - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs