Ketelsen Carves, Smiley Shoves, Bucks Dump Duluth 7-3
The Waterloo Bucks (7-8) received a tremendous pair of outings from Adam Ketelsen and Jimmy Smiley in a 7-3 win at the Duluth Huskies (7-8), snapping a four-game losing skid.
Ketelsen earned his second win of the season by firing 5.0 innings of four-hit, two-walk baseball while striking out 7. The lefty allowed three runs, two earned, and induced 12 swinging strikes on 83 pitches. Smiley tossed the final 4.0 innings, picking up a save. Along with punching out four batters, Smiley didn't allow a hit and walked just one.
Waterloo fell behind 2-0 early, but leaned on a four-run second to strike back and take control of the game. After Alonzo Rubalcaba (1-3, 2 BB, 2 R) scored on a wild pitch, Blake Berry (2-2, BB, HBP, 2 R, RBI) tied the game with a single. Mike Nyisztor (2-4, BB, 2B, RBI) doubled in the go-ahead run, then Caleb LittleJim (0-3, BB, R, RBI) brought home a run on a fielder's choice.
Patrick Ferguson (1-4, BB, 2B, 2 RBI) tacked on a pair of runs in the fourth with a two-run double. Waterloo's final run came across as Rubalcaba scored on another wild pitch.
The Bucks and the Huskies match up for a split doubleheader on Wednesday, with start times on the Bucks Radio Network powered by 1650 The Fan at 12:00 p.m. and 6:35 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Stingers Winning in Willmar - Willmar Stingers
- Huskies Drop 5th Straight Game - Duluth Huskies
- Bombers Sweep Doubleheader against Growlers - Battle Creek Bombers
- Woodchucks Only Allow One Run in First of Two-Game Series with Green Bay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Weather Postpones Rafters Game with Dock Spiders - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Game Postponed - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mallards Game against Chinooks Postponed Due to Rain - Madison Mallards
- Waterloo Throttles Duluth 13-4 - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Travel to Fond du Lac for Series Opener - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Looking for Redemption at Home against Chinooks - Madison Mallards
- Duluth Huskies Promotions Weekly Update - Duluth Huskies
- Chinooks' Offense Erupts in 13-4 Win - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Ketelsen Carves, Smiley Shoves, Bucks Dump Duluth 7-3 - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Split Doubleheader with Woodchucks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Victorious over Madison - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Complete Sweep - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Drop Third-Straight Game - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.