Ketelsen Carves, Smiley Shoves, Bucks Dump Duluth 7-3
The Waterloo Bucks (7-8) received a tremendous pair of outings from Adam Ketelsen and Jimmy Smiley in a 7-3 win at the Duluth Huskies (7-8), snapping a four-game losing skid.
Ketelsen earned his second win of the season by firing 5.0 innings of four-hit, two-walk baseball while striking out 7. The lefty allowed three runs, two earned, and induced 12 swinging strikes on 83 pitches. Smiley tossed the final 4.0 innings, picking up a save. Along with punching out four batters, Smiley didn't allow a hit and walked just one.
Waterloo fell behind 2-0 early, but leaned on a four-run second to strike back and take control of the game. After Alonzo Rubalcaba (1-3, 2 BB, 2 R) scored on a wild pitch, Blake Berry (2-2, BB, HBP, 2 R, RBI) tied the game with a single. Mike Nyisztor (2-4, BB, 2B, RBI) doubled in the go-ahead run, then Caleb LittleJim (0-3, BB, R, RBI) brought home a run on a fielder's choice.
Patrick Ferguson (1-4, BB, 2B, 2 RBI) tacked on a pair of runs in the fourth with a two-run double. Waterloo's final run came across as Rubalcaba scored on another wild pitch.
The Bucks and the Huskies match up for a split doubleheader on Wednesday, with start times on the Bucks Radio Network powered by 1650 The Fan at 12:00 p.m. and 6:35 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Loggers use six-run 7th inning to top Thunder Bay 12-5 - La Crosse Loggers
- Stingers Winning in Willmar - Willmar Stingers
- Huskies Drop 5th Straight Game - Duluth Huskies
- Bombers Sweep Doubleheader against Growlers - Battle Creek Bombers
- Woodchucks Only Allow One Run in First of Two-Game Series with Green Bay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Weather Postpones Rafters Game with Dock Spiders - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Game Postponed - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mallards Game against Chinooks Postponed Due to Rain - Madison Mallards
- Waterloo Throttles Duluth 13-4 - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Travel to Fond du Lac for Series Opener - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Looking for Redemption at Home against Chinooks - Madison Mallards
- Duluth Huskies Promotions Weekly Update - Duluth Huskies
- Chinooks' Offense Erupts in 13-4 Win - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Ketelsen Carves, Smiley Shoves, Bucks Dump Duluth 7-3 - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Split Doubleheader with Woodchucks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Victorious over Madison - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Complete Sweep - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Drop Third-Straight Game - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Waterloo Bucks Stories
- Bucks Partner with Northwoods League Foundation for "Share the Glove" Initiative
- Bucks Announce Summer Internship Opportunities
- Bucks Announce 2020 Schedule
- Bucks Seeking Nominations for Military Heroes Class of 2020
- Cost Cutters Field at Riverfront Stadium to Host Football Watch Parties