Mallards Looking for Redemption at Home against Chinooks
MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Mallards (11-4) were defeated by the Green Bay Booyah (9-6) 3-1 at Capital Credit Union Park yesterday, marking Madison's third-consecutive loss on their road trip. The three losses contribute to the longest losing streak Madison has had so far this summer.
Even with the three additional dropped games on their record, the Mallards continue to sit in first place in the Great Lakes West Division. The team is two games ahead of the Green Bay Booyah, who hold the second place spot with a 9-6 record.
Today the Mallards are flying back to the Duck Pond for a five game homestand, starting with the Lakeshore Chinooks (5-11). The Chinooks currently hold last place in the Great Lakes West standings with a 5-11 record.
This is the second time this season the Mallards are competing against the Chinooks. The first meeting between the two teams ended in the Mallards sweeping Lakeshore.
On the mound for the Mallards, to get the series started, is lefty Aidan Tyrell (Notre Dame). Tyrell is making his third start for the Mallards, his last was against the Green Bay Booyah on June 5. Over his two previous starts Tyrell has earned a 6.23 ERA through eight and a third innings pitched. He has earned both a win and a loss and has struck out seven, while walking only four.
This afternoon's game features Bang for Your Duck, fans can purchase $1 hot dogs, $1 Pepsi products, $2 domestic beers and $2 Stoddard's Meat Market traditional brats. First pitch is slated for a 1:05 p.m. start. Hear every pitch of the 2019 Mallards' season live on The Zone, 96.7 FM and 1670 AM.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Loggers use six-run 7th inning to top Thunder Bay 12-5 - La Crosse Loggers
- Stingers Winning in Willmar - Willmar Stingers
- Huskies Drop 5th Straight Game - Duluth Huskies
- Bombers Sweep Doubleheader against Growlers - Battle Creek Bombers
- Woodchucks Only Allow One Run in First of Two-Game Series with Green Bay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Weather Postpones Rafters Game with Dock Spiders - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Game Postponed - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mallards Game against Chinooks Postponed Due to Rain - Madison Mallards
- Waterloo Throttles Duluth 13-4 - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Travel to Fond du Lac for Series Opener - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Looking for Redemption at Home against Chinooks - Madison Mallards
- Duluth Huskies Promotions Weekly Update - Duluth Huskies
- Chinooks' Offense Erupts in 13-4 Win - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Ketelsen Carves, Smiley Shoves, Bucks Dump Duluth 7-3 - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Split Doubleheader with Woodchucks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Victorious over Madison - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Complete Sweep - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Drop Third-Straight Game - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Madison Mallards Stories
- Mallards Land Four Wisconsin Natives for 2020
- Trio of 2019 Mallards Headed Back to Madison
- Mallards Featuring $5 Grandstand and $25 Great Dane Duck Blind Tickets in #TurnBackTuesday Flash Special
- Mallards to Host We Didn't Start the Fire Sale at the Duck Pond
- Northwoods League Announces 2020 Schedule: Mallards Launching 20 Summers of Wiener Campaign Commemorating 20th Season in Madison