Mallards Drop Third-Straight Game
ASHWAUBENON, Wis. - The Madison Mallards were defeated by the Green Bay Booyah 3-1 on Tuesday, marking Madison's third-consecutive loss despite stringing together eight hits in the contest.
Green Bay jumped in front 2-0 in the third inning after an RBI single from Mike Ferri (UW-Milwaukee) and a sacrifice fly from Joe Mason (Mount Olive).
In the fifth inning, the Mallards slimmed the deficit to 2-1 after Nathan Aide (Madison College) scored on an RBI single from Ben Anderson (Georgia). It was Anderson's sixth RBI of the 2019 season.
The Booyah opened a 3-1 lead in the sixth on an RBI single from Jacob Godman (UNLV) which held on as the final.
Mallard starter Nick Pogue (Florida) was given the loss in his first start of the summer. Pogue worked five innings and yielded two runs on six hits. Jack Mahoney (UW-Milwaukee) got the win for Green Bay after tossing six innings and allowing one run. Tanner Lane (Pittsburgh State) pitched the ninth inning and notched his second save of the summer.
In the sixth, the Booyah scored a decisive third run to reopen a two-run lead. The Mallards were unable to overcome the deficit and stranded seven on base during the contest.
EJ Ranel (Lenoir Rhyne) led the Mallards on offense with a three-hit day. Ranel finished 3-for-4 at the plate and brought his batting average back above .300, now hitting .302.
Anderson collected the only RBI for the Mallards. He also had the only other multi-hit game, finishing 2-for-4.
Leon Davidson (NC A&T) threw a perfect inning on the mound for the Mallards, continuing his strong start to the summer. Davidson retired the three Booyah batters he faced and had one strikeout.
The Mallards return to the Duck Pond for a five-game home stand, opening up a series against the Lakeshore Chinooks on Wednesday. It is Bang for Your Duck day at Warner Park, with $1 hot dogs, $1 Pepsi products, $2 domestic beers and $2 Stoddard's Meat Market traditional brats. First pitch is slated for an earlier 1:05 p.m. start. Hear every pitch of the 2019 Mallards' season live on The Zone, 96.7 FM and 1670 AM.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Stingers Winning in Willmar - Willmar Stingers
- Huskies Drop 5th Straight Game - Duluth Huskies
- Bombers Sweep Doubleheader against Growlers - Battle Creek Bombers
- Woodchucks Only Allow One Run in First of Two-Game Series with Green Bay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Weather Postpones Rafters Game with Dock Spiders - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Game Postponed - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mallards Game against Chinooks Postponed Due to Rain - Madison Mallards
- Waterloo Throttles Duluth 13-4 - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Travel to Fond du Lac for Series Opener - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Looking for Redemption at Home against Chinooks - Madison Mallards
- Duluth Huskies Promotions Weekly Update - Duluth Huskies
- Chinooks' Offense Erupts in 13-4 Win - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Ketelsen Carves, Smiley Shoves, Bucks Dump Duluth 7-3 - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Split Doubleheader with Woodchucks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Victorious over Madison - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Complete Sweep - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Drop Third-Straight Game - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.