Green Bay Victorious over Madison
Ashwaubenon, MI - Green Bay took advantage of another great start by Jack Mahoney to win 3-1 over Madison, and bring themselves to only two games back in the Great Lakes West Division.
Mahoney spent another five innings on the bump in his third start, striking out a career high nine batters, and earning his second victory.
Out of the bullpen, Chandler Ingram went three total innings, fanning three, and only giving up two hits. With that outing, Ingram's ERA stays at a perfect zero through nine total innings pitched this season.
Also on the rubber, Tanner Lane picked up his first save of the year for Green Bay. Lane dropped his ERA down to 1.08, and improved the Booyah saves to a perfect 3/3.
"I just try to relax myself in those save situations, stay calm, stay cool, and just get the job done." Lane said. "This last year in baseball has been life changing. After my injury last year, I didn't know if I was ever going to play again and now here I am."
At the plate, Mike Ferri led the way for the Booyah, picking up two hits and two RBIs, and giving him the team lead in RBIs at 9.
"My approach this season has allowed me to track pitches a lot deeper, and helping me get my foot down earlier." Ferri said. "I've always been super aggressive at the plate and over this past season my coaches have helped me settle down and have a better approach."
Green Bay now sits in second place overall in the Great Lakes West Division, heading to Wausau tomorrow to take on the Woodchucks. Will Saxton is on the mound for his third career start, and looks to bounce back after his start at Madison.
Images from this story
Green Bay Booyah talk before the game
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Loggers use six-run 7th inning to top Thunder Bay 12-5 - La Crosse Loggers
- Stingers Winning in Willmar - Willmar Stingers
- Huskies Drop 5th Straight Game - Duluth Huskies
- Bombers Sweep Doubleheader against Growlers - Battle Creek Bombers
- Woodchucks Only Allow One Run in First of Two-Game Series with Green Bay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Weather Postpones Rafters Game with Dock Spiders - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Game Postponed - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mallards Game against Chinooks Postponed Due to Rain - Madison Mallards
- Waterloo Throttles Duluth 13-4 - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Travel to Fond du Lac for Series Opener - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Looking for Redemption at Home against Chinooks - Madison Mallards
- Duluth Huskies Promotions Weekly Update - Duluth Huskies
- Chinooks' Offense Erupts in 13-4 Win - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Ketelsen Carves, Smiley Shoves, Bucks Dump Duluth 7-3 - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Split Doubleheader with Woodchucks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Victorious over Madison - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Complete Sweep - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Drop Third-Straight Game - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.