Stingers Complete Sweep
Willmar, Minn. - The Stingers take game two completing the sweep of the Eau Claire Express. The first game was played at 11:05am this morning with a final score of 8-3 Stingers.
Polo Portela was the starter in game two for the Stingers. Portela went seven complete innings, giving up eight hits, and two earned runs. He was extremely efficient as he didn't allow a walk while striking out six batters.
The beginning of the game was all Stingers baseball. Justin King (Alabama) got things started with a bases loaded walked scoring Bohning in the first. In the second, Daniel Walsh (Sac City) scored off an error from the third basemen. Walsh continued to do damage with a two-run base hit in the third, scoring Stanke and Bordewick. The lead was added to when Patrick Bordewick (Concordia- St. Paul) had a two-run single of his own scoring Bohning and Baier. Bordewick later scored on King's base hit. That brought the score to 7-0 Stingers.
The Express got on the board in the fifth off two hits which scored two runs. Chris Peres (La Verne) made his first appearance for the Stingers. He went the last two innings giving up one run off two hits. The Express scored their last runs in the top of the ninth after those two hits. The final score was 7-3 Stingers to complete the sweep.
The 2019 Stingers season is presented by J.D. Kreps Financial Group. For more coverage of the Stingers visit the West Central Tribune online at www.wctrib.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Loggers use six-run 7th inning to top Thunder Bay 12-5 - La Crosse Loggers
- Stingers Winning in Willmar - Willmar Stingers
- Huskies Drop 5th Straight Game - Duluth Huskies
- Bombers Sweep Doubleheader against Growlers - Battle Creek Bombers
- Woodchucks Only Allow One Run in First of Two-Game Series with Green Bay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Weather Postpones Rafters Game with Dock Spiders - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Game Postponed - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mallards Game against Chinooks Postponed Due to Rain - Madison Mallards
- Waterloo Throttles Duluth 13-4 - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Travel to Fond du Lac for Series Opener - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Looking for Redemption at Home against Chinooks - Madison Mallards
- Duluth Huskies Promotions Weekly Update - Duluth Huskies
- Chinooks' Offense Erupts in 13-4 Win - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Ketelsen Carves, Smiley Shoves, Bucks Dump Duluth 7-3 - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Split Doubleheader with Woodchucks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Victorious over Madison - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Complete Sweep - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Drop Third-Straight Game - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Willmar Stingers Stories
- Share the Glove: Stingers Seek Applications for $2,000 Baseball Grant
- Stingers Introduce New Ticket Membership Option for 2020 Season
- Cardinal Alum Drey Dirksen Signs with Stingers
- West Central Minnesota Baseball Hall of Fame Announces the Class of 2020 Inductees
- The Holiday Express Train Is Coming to Willmar