J.T. Perez activated from 7-day Injured List
Cedar Rapids, IA - The Cedar Rapids Kernels and Minnesota Twins announce that LHP J.T. Perez has been activated from the 7-day injured list and INF Jake Hirabayashi has been assigned to the GCL Twins. Brian Maloney, Senior Manager of Minor League Operations, announced the moves.
Perez went on the injured list back on August 21st with a lower back strain. He has pitched in 16 games for the Kernels this season, posting a 2-2 record, 3.67 ERA and one save. In 27 IP, he allowed 27 hits and 16 runs (11 earned) with 14 walks and 25 strikeouts. He was selected by the Twins in the 29th round of the 2018 First Year Player Draft out of the University of Cincinnati.
Hirabayashi played in four games for the Kernels. He did not record a hit, but did have an RBI. He was selected by the Twins in the 39th round of the 2019 First Year Player Draft out of UCLA.
Perez is active and available for tonight's 6:35 PM game with Quad Cities. With today's transaction, the Kernels roster remains at the MWL maximum of 25 active players, with five players currently on the injured list and one player on an MLB rehab assignment.
The Kernels are in the midst of the final seven-game homestand of the 2019 regular season that continues tonight at 6:35 PM vs. Quad Cities with the gates opening at 5:30 PM. The current homestand continues through Friday, August 30th.
Chris Kleinhans-Schulz and Morgan Hawk bring you all of the play-by-play on the radio home of Kernels baseball, 1450 KMRY AM and 93.1 KMRY FM. Fans may listen on-line at www.kmryradio.com, or www.kernels.com. Fans may also stream all 70 Kernels home game and selected road games via a MiLB.TV subscription. Visit www.milb.com for MiLB.TV subscription information.
Tickets may be purchased on-line at www.kernels.com, or by calling the Kernels Ticket Office at 896-7560. Ticket office hours are 10 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, and 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 29, 2019
- Loons Top Dragons 5-3 After Rain Delay in Midland - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Top Cubs in Game Two 9-4 - South Bend Cubs
- Deep into the Night - Great Lakes Loons
- Clinch a Cinch: Cougars Playoff Bound with Win in Wisconsin - Kane County Cougars
- Wisconsin officially eliminated from playoff contention with home loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Burlington Bees Fall to Clinton - Burlington Bees
- Hankins K's 10, Winning Streak Ends - Lake County Captains
- Chiefs Walk off Snappers 5-4 - Peoria Chiefs
- Reed/LKings Flirt with Perfecto in 5th Straight Win - Clinton LumberKings
- River Bandits Hold on for 3-2 Win in Cedar Rapids - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bootleggers Quiet Captains in 3-1 Victory - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Snyder Homers Twice But Kernels Fall - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Lugs Beat the Rain, Mash out 7-3 Victory - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Toast Final 2019 Thirsty Thursday With Resounding Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- J.T. Perez activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 29 vs. South Bend (Game 134) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Three 2019 LumberKings Chosen for Arizona Fall League - Clinton LumberKings
- CPR Mass Training Event at Four Winds Field September 5 - South Bend Cubs
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cedar Rapids Kernels Stories
- Kernels Invited to be a Minnesota Twins Affiliate
- Kernels 2020 Season Canceled
- Nick Adenhart Scholarships Awarded to two Eastern Iowa High School Graduates
- Adenhart Scholarship Deadline Approaches
- Kernels Seeking Nominations for Third Annual Kid Heroes Recognition