Dragons Notes for Thursday
Thursday, August 28, 2019 l Game # 66 (136)
Dow Diamond l Midland, Mich. l 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (28-37, 56-79) at Great Lakes Loons (36-29, 79-53)
RH Adrian Rodriguez (6-3, 3.03) vs. LH Robinson Ortiz (3-5, 4.82)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Great Lakes Loons (affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers) in the second game of a three-game series.
Last Game: Wednesday: Dayton 5, Great Lakes 3. Jay Schuyler had two hits including a two-run home run and the Dragons turned two big bases-loaded, inning-ending double plays to win the series opener. Starting pitcher Clate Schmidt earned the win, allowing one run in five innings, while Matt Pidich protected a two-run lead by retiring all six batters he faced for the save.
Juan Martinez had an 11-game hitting streak snapped on Tuesday. Over his last 12 games, he is 15 for 47 (.319) with two home runs. The hitting streak matched the longest of the season by a Dayton player by Randy Ventura.
Michael Siani leads the Midwest League in stolen bases with 42. Two players in Dragons history have led the league in steals. They are Billy Hamilton (2011) and Jose Siri (2017).
Siani over his last 11 games is 16 for 45 (.356) with a home run.
Miguel Hernandez over his last 12 games is 16 for 40 (.400) with six doubles and triple. He is batting .329 in August (24 G).
Morgan Lofstrom over his last 14 games is batting .367 with one home run. He is batting .358 in August (16 G).
Cameron Warren is batting .316 over his last nine games, going 11 for 34.
Matt Lloyd is batting .375 over his last seven games, going 9 for 24. He hit two home runs in the series at Lake County.
Adrian Rodriguez in the month of August has posted an ERA of 0.71 in five games (four starts) (25.1 IP, 2 ER). His ERA leads the MWL and the Reds organization for the month among qualified pitchers.
Connor Curlis in the month of August has posted an ERA of 2.05 in five games (four starts) (26.1 IP, 6 ER).
Clate Schmidt in the month of August has posted an ERA of 2.08 in eight games (three starts) (26 IP, 6 ER).
Matt Pidich over his last 30 games: 1.40 ERA, 51.1 IP, 30 H, 16 R, 8 ER, 14 BB, 57 SO.
Eddy Demurias over his last seven games: 1.54 ERA, 11.2 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 8 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Friday, August 30 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Randy Wynne (0-0, 8.31) at Great Lakes RH Ryan Pepiot (0-0, 2.08)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 29, 2019
- Loons Top Dragons 5-3 After Rain Delay in Midland - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Top Cubs in Game Two 9-4 - South Bend Cubs
- Deep into the Night - Great Lakes Loons
- Clinch a Cinch: Cougars Playoff Bound with Win in Wisconsin - Kane County Cougars
- Wisconsin officially eliminated from playoff contention with home loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Burlington Bees Fall to Clinton - Burlington Bees
- Hankins K's 10, Winning Streak Ends - Lake County Captains
- Chiefs Walk off Snappers 5-4 - Peoria Chiefs
- Reed/LKings Flirt with Perfecto in 5th Straight Win - Clinton LumberKings
- River Bandits Hold on for 3-2 Win in Cedar Rapids - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bootleggers Quiet Captains in 3-1 Victory - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Snyder Homers Twice But Kernels Fall - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Lugs Beat the Rain, Mash out 7-3 Victory - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Toast Final 2019 Thirsty Thursday With Resounding Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- J.T. Perez activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 29 vs. South Bend (Game 134) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Three 2019 LumberKings Chosen for Arizona Fall League - Clinton LumberKings
- CPR Mass Training Event at Four Winds Field September 5 - South Bend Cubs
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled
- Dayton Dragons Issue Statement Regarding Governor's Order
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 3: Second Basemen
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 2: First Basemen
- Dragons Single-Game Ticket Sales to Begin Wednesday, March 11