Isotopes Open Final Homestand with 10-9 Win
Isotopes 10 (56-73), Grizzlies 9 (56-73) - Isotopes Park, Albuquerque, N.M.
TOEING THE RUBBER: Starting pitcher Ben Meyer made his debut for the Isotopes after being promoted from Double-A Hartford. The right-hander allowed two runs over 3.0 innings on the mound. He did not receive a decision ... Nelson Gonzalez made his first appearance since July, allowing three earned runs over 2.2 innings ... James Pazos was the only Isotopes pitcher that did not allow a run, tossing 1.1 scoreless frames ... Sam Howard took the win but allowed three runs over his 2.0 innings.
AT THE DISH: Pat Valaika finished the day 3-for-5, extending his hitting streak to 11 games. The streak is the third-longest of his career. Valaika's career-best streak is 22 games from April 8-May 7, 2014 with Asheville ... Noel Cuevas went 3-for-4 with two doubles and four RBI ... Roberto Ramos also connected on three hits ... Sam Hilliard blasted his 34th home run of the season, driving in RBIs 98 and 99.
TOPES TIDBITS: The home run allowed by Howard in the eighth was his first since May 6, a span of 29.1 IP (not including time with Rockies) ... Fresno infielder Brandon Snyder took the loss for the Grizzlies, allowing one run when he took the mound in the eighth for his club.
ON DECK: Friday - Fresno Grizzlies at Albuquerque Isotopes, 6:35 p.m. MT - Isotopes Park ... Public Safety Night ... Hats courtesy of Fox New Mexico (first 3,000 fans)
PROBABLES: Isotopes: RHP Jeff Hoffman (6-7, 8.03), Grizzlies: RHP JJ Hoover (4-6, 8.56)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 23, 2019
- Duke City Dominance: J.J. Hoover shines in 8-2 Fresno triumph - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Fall to Grizzlies, 8-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Ninth Inning Rally Drops Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Missions Take Series Opener against OKC - San Antonio Missions
- Red-Hot Redbirds Romp Storm Chasers, 9-1 - Memphis Redbirds
- Express Top Baby Cakes 3-2 on Quintana's Walkoff Single - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Edge I-Cubs in Series Opener - Nashville Sounds
- Home of the Sacramento River Cats to be Renamed as Part of Community-Focused Collaboration with Sutter Health - Sacramento River Cats
- Express Take Down 'Cakes 3-2 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (59-68) vs. Iowa Cubs (69-60) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes vs. Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (62-67) vs Omaha Storm Chasers (55-73) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 23, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Fall to Bees in Game 1 - Salt Lake Bees
- Hoping to Find a Spark at Home - San Antonio Missions
- Brugman Blasts 20th Big Fly, Rainiers Fall in Opener to Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Salt Lake Pitching Staff Stuns Explosive Aces Offense - Reno Aces
- 'Topes outlast Grizz at "The Lab" - Fresno Grizzlies
- Memphis Derails Round Rock in Lopsided 14-2 Final - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds Rout Round Rock, 14-2 - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento Explodes in Fifth to Top Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Isotopes Open Final Homestand with 10-9 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Mariachis Hit High Note as Greatest Gorra
- Mariachis Advance to Championship Round of #GreatestGora
- Isotopes to Host "A Speech of Their OwnÃ¢ÂÂ Initiative
- Isotopes/Mariachis Join Minor League Baseball's "Greatest Gorra" Cap Competition
- Isotopes "Stadium Memories" Series to Air on TV, Radio and Facebook Live