Salt Lake Pitching Staff Stuns Explosive Aces Offense
Reno, Nevada. - The Aces returned from Las Vegas for their contest against the Salt Lake Bees on Thursday night. Unfortunately for Reno, their offensive woes seemed to follow them from Sin City. The Salt Lake pitching staff held the explosive Aces offense to just four hits in a 5-3 game-one defeat in the final homestand of the season. Salt Lake right-hander Nick Tropeano went five innings, allowed two runs on two hits and struck out two. Offensively, the Aces were led by catcher Alberto Rosario. Rosario finished 2-for-4 and hit his first home run of the season. His solo homer in the bottom of the second inning made Rosario the 34th different Aces player to homer in 2019. Rosario was the only Aces player to record multiple hits tonight. The loss brings Reno to a record of 59-70 with just three games remaining at Greater Nevada Field this season. Wolf Pack alum Braden Shipley will make the start for the Reno Aces tomorrow night and wear a familiar jersey. In conjunction with the University of Nevada, the Aces will bring Nevada Wolf Pack night to Greater Nevada Field and auction the game-worn uniforms off following the game. The first pitch tomorrow night is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
Top Performers - Reno
Alberto Rosario (2-for-4, HR)
Carlos Asuaje (1-for-3, R, BB)
Lucas Luetge (2.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 4 K)
Top Performers - Salt Lake
Kaleb Cowart (3-for-5, R, 2 RBI)
Jo Adell (3-for-5, 2 RBI)
Nick Tropeano (5.0 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 2 K)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) (PT) RADIO/TV
Friday August 23 Salt Lake RHP Braden Shipley vs. LHP Jose Suarez 7:05 p.m. KPLY 630 AM
Notes & Information
Final Three: All good things must come to an end at some point. Unfortunately for Aces fans, that day will likely be Sunday. The Reno Aces have three remaining home games left (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) in the 2019 campaign. Greater Nevada Field will partner with the Nevada Wolf Pack tomorrow night to bring Wolf Pack Night to Greater Nevada Field. The players will wear custom Nevada-themed jerseys and auction them off throughout the contest. The first 1,000 fans will receive a Wolfie Bobblehead Giveaway presented by Eye Care Professionals.
Sooner or Later: The Aces have hit more home runs this year than ever before. However, entering tonight's game against Salt Lake, Alberto Rosario had not hit a single one. Rosario led off the bottom of the second inning for Reno and swung at the first pitch he saw against Salt Lake right-hander Nick Tropeano. The ball left his bat with an exit velocity well over 100 MPH and sailed over the left-field wall. He became the 34th Aces player this season to hit at least one home run.
Did Kevin Cron Homer Again Tonight: No, he did not. He still leads the Pacific Coast League with 38 on the year.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 23, 2019
- Duke City Dominance: J.J. Hoover shines in 8-2 Fresno triumph - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Fall to Grizzlies, 8-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Ninth Inning Rally Drops Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Missions Take Series Opener against OKC - San Antonio Missions
- Red-Hot Redbirds Romp Storm Chasers, 9-1 - Memphis Redbirds
- Express Top Baby Cakes 3-2 on Quintana's Walkoff Single - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Edge I-Cubs in Series Opener - Nashville Sounds
- Home of the Sacramento River Cats to be Renamed as Part of Community-Focused Collaboration with Sutter Health - Sacramento River Cats
- Express Take Down 'Cakes 3-2 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (59-68) vs. Iowa Cubs (69-60) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes vs. Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (62-67) vs Omaha Storm Chasers (55-73) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 23, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Fall to Bees in Game 1 - Salt Lake Bees
- Hoping to Find a Spark at Home - San Antonio Missions
- Brugman Blasts 20th Big Fly, Rainiers Fall in Opener to Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Salt Lake Pitching Staff Stuns Explosive Aces Offense - Reno Aces
- 'Topes outlast Grizz at "The Lab" - Fresno Grizzlies
- Memphis Derails Round Rock in Lopsided 14-2 Final - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds Rout Round Rock, 14-2 - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento Explodes in Fifth to Top Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Isotopes Open Final Homestand with 10-9 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Food Bank of Northern Nevada