Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
Taylorsville, Utah - The Iowa Wolves (20-30) were unable to complete the comeback Friday night, losing 109-103 to the Salt Lake City Stars (27-23) on the road in the team's final game of the season.
With the loss the Wolves finish the season series 0-3 against the Stars.
Trailing by as many as 15 points in the third quarter, Iowa slowly worked its way back to a one possession game with just over a minute remaining in the game. Salt Lake City put Iowa's comeback attempt on ice by closing out the final minute on a 6-2 run.
Seven players finished in double figures for Iowa on the evening, led a by an 18-point effort from Hakim Warrick. The NBA veteran finished 5-of-8 from the field and 8-of-9 from the free throw line in the loss.
Two-way guards C.J. Williams and Jared Terrell each finished with 15 points for the game. However, both struggled to find their shot, each finishing 5-of-14 from the floor.
Iowa shot well from the perimeter as a team during tonight's contest, finishing with a higher three-point percentage (42.9%, 15-of-35) than overall field goal percentage (41.9%, 36-of-86).
Iowa limited their turnovers to just eight also while defeating the Stars in team assists, 23-19.
Denver Nuggets two-way transfer Brandon Goodwin finished with 11 points and a team-high six assists while being limited to just 18 minutes of play.
Canyon Barry added 12 points in a starting role for Iowa, shooting 4-of-6 for the game.
Isaiah Cousins contributed a game-high 27 while shooting 12-of-16 in the Stars victory. Former Iowa State University guard Naz Mitrou-Long added 26 points, three rebounds and two assists.
Stay up to date on all Iowa Wolves news throughout the offseason at IAWolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Windy City Concludes Regular Season with Third Straight Loss, Fall 120-109 to Canton - Windy City Bulls
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Pinch Red Claws in Final Game of Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Swarm Dispatch Legends in Sold out Season Finale - Greensboro Swarm
- Running of the Bulls - Charge Cap off Campaign with Win - Canton Charge
- Long Island Defeats Wisconsin in Regular Season Finale - Long Island Nets
- BayHawks End Season with Win - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Hold off Mad Ants in Regular Season Finale - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Edged by One in Regular Season Finale - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Clinch Division Title with Win over Fort Wayne - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Take Down 905 in Regular Season Finale - Lakeland Magic
- Suns Waive Jawun Evans - Northern Arizona Suns
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Assign Cody Demps to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Anthony Brown Suffers Season-Ending Injury - Lakeland Magic
- Knicks Close out Regular Season at Erie - Westchester Knicks
- Santa Cruz Warriors Take Down Agua Caliente Clippers, 113-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars End Regular Season with Home Win over Iowa - Salt Lake City Stars
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.