Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
Taylorsville, Utah - The Iowa Wolves (20-30) were unable to complete the comeback Friday night, losing 109-103 to the Salt Lake City Stars (27-23) on the road in the team's final game of the season.
With the loss the Wolves finish the season series 0-3 against the Stars.
Trailing by as many as 15 points in the third quarter, Iowa slowly worked its way back to a one possession game with just over a minute remaining in the game. Salt Lake City put Iowa's comeback attempt on ice by closing out the final minute on a 6-2 run.
Seven players finished in double figures for Iowa on the evening, led a by an 18-point effort from Hakim Warrick. The NBA veteran finished 5-of-8 from the field and 8-of-9 from the free throw line in the loss.
Two-way guards C.J. Williams and Jared Terrell each finished with 15 points for the game. However, both struggled to find their shot, each finishing 5-of-14 from the floor.
Iowa shot well from the perimeter as a team during tonight's contest, finishing with a higher three-point percentage (42.9%, 15-of-35) than overall field goal percentage (41.9%, 36-of-86).
Iowa limited their turnovers to just eight also while defeating the Stars in team assists, 23-19.
Denver Nuggets two-way transfer Brandon Goodwin finished with 11 points and a team-high six assists while being limited to just 18 minutes of play.
Canyon Barry added 12 points in a starting role for Iowa, shooting 4-of-6 for the game.
Isaiah Cousins contributed a game-high 27 while shooting 12-of-16 in the Stars victory. Former Iowa State University guard Naz Mitrou-Long added 26 points, three rebounds and two assists.
Stay up to date on all Iowa Wolves news throughout the offseason at IAWolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Windy City Concludes Regular Season with Third Straight Loss, Fall 120-109 to Canton - Windy City Bulls
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Pinch Red Claws in Final Game of Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Swarm Dispatch Legends in Sold out Season Finale - Greensboro Swarm
- Running of the Bulls - Charge Cap off Campaign with Win - Canton Charge
- Long Island Defeats Wisconsin in Regular Season Finale - Long Island Nets
- BayHawks End Season with Win - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Hold off Mad Ants in Regular Season Finale - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Edged by One in Regular Season Finale - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Clinch Division Title with Win over Fort Wayne - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Take Down 905 in Regular Season Finale - Lakeland Magic
- Suns Waive Jawun Evans - Northern Arizona Suns
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Assign Cody Demps to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Anthony Brown Suffers Season-Ending Injury - Lakeland Magic
- Knicks Close out Regular Season at Erie - Westchester Knicks
- Santa Cruz Warriors Take Down Agua Caliente Clippers, 113-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars End Regular Season with Home Win over Iowa - Salt Lake City Stars
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves, Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Tip off Pack the Vote Initiative
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors