Running of the Bulls - Charge Cap off Campaign with Win
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL - The Canton Charge (22-28), capped off their 2018-2019 NBA G League season with a victory over the playoff-bound Windy City Bulls (27-23), 120-109, at the Sears Centre Arena on Saturday night. Canton went 10-5 since the All-Star break to finish the campaign.
JaCorey Williams scored 22 of his career high 31 points in the first half, beginning the game at an efficient 11-of-16 clip from the field before finishing 14-of-25 from the field with seven rebounds in 37 minutes. Levi Randolph also set a new career benchmark with 36 points on 11-of-18 shooting and 10-of-11 from the foul line with five steals in 38 minutes. The Charge dished out 34 assists as a team on 43 field goals tonight.
Trailing 62-59 at the half, Canton made their move by beginning the third quarter on a 17-4 run that would propel them ahead for the rest of the game. The Charge outscored the Bulls 34-20 in the third, holding their hosts scoreless at one point for 3:16 of game time. Canton led by as many as 19 in the fourth quarter en route to just their second win in the Windy City since the Bulls joined the G League (3/8/17).
Scoochie Smith had an all-around effort of 20 points, six boards and eight steals in 40 minutes. Cavaliers Two-Way Players Deng Adel (11 points, nine rebounds, two blocks) and Jaron Blossomgame (10 points, eight rebounds) both notched double-digit scoring games to round out the starting five for Canton.
Walter Lemon Jr. led the Bulls with 32 points, nine rebounds and nine assists in 42 minutes. JaKarr Sampson posted a double-double of 24 points and 12 rebounds in 35 minutes. Mychal Mulder added 26 points on 10-of-17 shooting and 6-of-11 from three-point range for the Windy City.
For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Windy City Concludes Regular Season with Third Straight Loss, Fall 120-109 to Canton - Windy City Bulls
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Pinch Red Claws in Final Game of Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Swarm Dispatch Legends in Sold out Season Finale - Greensboro Swarm
- Running of the Bulls - Charge Cap off Campaign with Win - Canton Charge
- Long Island Defeats Wisconsin in Regular Season Finale - Long Island Nets
- BayHawks End Season with Win - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Hold off Mad Ants in Regular Season Finale - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Edged by One in Regular Season Finale - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Clinch Division Title with Win over Fort Wayne - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Take Down 905 in Regular Season Finale - Lakeland Magic
- Suns Waive Jawun Evans - Northern Arizona Suns
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Assign Cody Demps to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Anthony Brown Suffers Season-Ending Injury - Lakeland Magic
- Knicks Close out Regular Season at Erie - Westchester Knicks
- Santa Cruz Warriors Take Down Agua Caliente Clippers, 113-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars End Regular Season with Home Win over Iowa - Salt Lake City Stars
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Canton Charge Stories
- Cavs, Monsters & Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement
- Charge Launch Virtual 5K to Benefit Akron-Canton Foodbank
- NBA G League and Canton Charge Statements on 2019-20 Season Cancellation
- Canton Charge Statement - March 12, 2020
- Canton Charge to Play Remaining Home Games without Fans in Attendance