Swarm Dispatch Legends in Sold out Season Finale
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - JP Macura scored a game-high 26 points to lead the Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, over the Texas Legends, 107-97, in the regular-season finale for both teams at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex on Saturday. Greensboro (24-26) recorded its sixth sellout of the season (17th in organization history).
Macura finished the night with his 26 points to go with seven rebounds and two assists. The two-way player scored at least 20 points in 10 of his 30 games played this season. Chinanu Onuaku tallied his 32nd double-double of the season after scoring 19 points and pulling down 18 rebounds. Isaiah Wilkins (11 points, five rebounds, three assists, three steals) and Sam Thompson (10 points, four rebounds, two assists) had solid nights as well.
For Texas (16-34), Xavier Rathan-Mayes had a team-high 22 points on 10-of-21 shooting. He also pulled down 10 rebounds. Xavier Johnson had 20 points and eight rebounds. Trahson Burrell added 17 points, five rebounds and five assists off the bench.
Greensboro raced to a, 59-39, lead at halftime behind 11 points and nine rebounds from Onuaku. The Legends trimmed the lead to five points in the fourth quarter, 82-77, but the Swarm responded with a 10-2 run to keep Texas out of reach. Macura had 17 of his 26 points in the second half.
The Swarm shot 44 percent in the game while the Legends hit at a 39 percent clip. Greensboro had an assist on 32 of the team's 39 made shots. Each player for the Swarm recorded at least two assists with John Gillon having a game-high seven.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Windy City Concludes Regular Season with Third Straight Loss, Fall 120-109 to Canton - Windy City Bulls
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Pinch Red Claws in Final Game of Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Swarm Dispatch Legends in Sold out Season Finale - Greensboro Swarm
- Running of the Bulls - Charge Cap off Campaign with Win - Canton Charge
- Long Island Defeats Wisconsin in Regular Season Finale - Long Island Nets
- BayHawks End Season with Win - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Hold off Mad Ants in Regular Season Finale - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Edged by One in Regular Season Finale - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Clinch Division Title with Win over Fort Wayne - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Take Down 905 in Regular Season Finale - Lakeland Magic
- Suns Waive Jawun Evans - Northern Arizona Suns
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Assign Cody Demps to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Anthony Brown Suffers Season-Ending Injury - Lakeland Magic
- Knicks Close out Regular Season at Erie - Westchester Knicks
- Santa Cruz Warriors Take Down Agua Caliente Clippers, 113-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars End Regular Season with Home Win over Iowa - Salt Lake City Stars
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Greensboro Swarm Announce 2019-20 Theme and Promotion Schedule
- Greensboro Swarm Acquires Returning Player Rights to Joel Berry II from South Bay Lakers
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Trade with Canton Charge
- Charlotte Hornets Sign Ahmed Hill to Two-Way Contract
- Greensboro Swarm Announce 2019-20 Schedule