Magic Take Down 905 in Regular Season Finale
The Lakeland Magic, NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, defeated the Raptors 905 118-104 on the second game of a back-to-back on Saturday at the RP Funding Center. The Lakeland Magic secured the second seed in the NBA G League playoffs and a bye in the first round. Lakeland will play the winner of the third vs sixth seed at home in the second round of the playoffs. Game date and time to be announced following the conclusion of the NBA G League regular season.
The 905 were hot from the start scoring the first six points of the game. They continued the scoring drive to increase their lead to 12 points in the first quarter with the score 36-30 going into the second. The Magic got a boost in the second and tied the score at 49-49 with 3:38 remaining in the half. Lakeland took the first lead of the game on a floating jump shot by Troy Caupain with 1:29 on the clock to give the Magic a 56-54 lead heading into the locker room at the half.
It was a back-and-forth affair at the start of the third quarter with the 905 outscoring the Magic by just three points to take a 84-83 lead going into the fourth. The Magic scored the first seven points in the fourth to put Lakeland up by six points with 9:15 remaining. They extended the lead to 14 points on a three pointer by BJ Johnson with 1:01 left in the game. Lakeland would close out the game with the final score 118-104.
Back from the Atlanta Hawks, BJ Johnson led the Magic in scoring with 34 points. Jeremiah Hill came off the bench to score 22 points, 9 rebounds and 8 assists. Antonio Campbell had 10 points on the night.
For the 905, Assignment Player, Chris Boucher had a double-double with 26 points and 11 rebounds. Malcolm Miller was also on assignment from Toronto and scored 17 points. Jordan Loyd had a double-double with 16 points, 12 assists and 5 rebounds. Duane Notice scored 14 points. Josh Adams scored 12 points and 5 rebounds.
Lakeland Magic playoff tickets and group tickets are now available. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Windy City Concludes Regular Season with Third Straight Loss, Fall 120-109 to Canton - Windy City Bulls
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Pinch Red Claws in Final Game of Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Swarm Dispatch Legends in Sold out Season Finale - Greensboro Swarm
- Running of the Bulls - Charge Cap off Campaign with Win - Canton Charge
- Long Island Defeats Wisconsin in Regular Season Finale - Long Island Nets
- BayHawks End Season with Win - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Hold off Mad Ants in Regular Season Finale - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Edged by One in Regular Season Finale - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Clinch Division Title with Win over Fort Wayne - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Take Down 905 in Regular Season Finale - Lakeland Magic
- Suns Waive Jawun Evans - Northern Arizona Suns
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Assign Cody Demps to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Anthony Brown Suffers Season-Ending Injury - Lakeland Magic
- Knicks Close out Regular Season at Erie - Westchester Knicks
- Santa Cruz Warriors Take Down Agua Caliente Clippers, 113-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars End Regular Season with Home Win over Iowa - Salt Lake City Stars
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.