Knicks Edged by One in Regular Season Finale
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Westchester Knicks (29-21), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, fell in double overtime to the Erie BayHawks (24-26), 123-122, Saturday evening at Erie Insurance Arena.
Despite the setback, Westchester clinched the third seed in the 2019 NBA G League playoffs and will host an opponent on Wednesday, March 27 at 7 PM inside the Westchester County Center.
The Knicks trailed by as many as 19 points in the third quarter, which was their largest deficit all game. Westchester managed to fill in most of the gap, behind just one to start the fourth quarter.
Zak Irvin drove to the basket at the 2:24 mark of the final quarter to push the Knicks ahead one. The game endured two more ties, the final one sending the game into one of two overtime periods.
In the final extra session, Jordan Sibert knocked in a triple for Erie and Sekou Wiggs' layup two possessions later saw the Knicks down just one but the close-range shot would tab the last make for either team and Westchester would credit the loss.
Jameel Warney tallied a double-double of 26 points and 11 rebounds. Wiggs also notched one-his comprised of 13 points and a career-high 13 rebounds. Billy Garrett scored 25 points.
Cat Barber (32) and Sibert (31) both led Erie in scoring. Sibert added 10 boards.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Windy City Concludes Regular Season with Third Straight Loss, Fall 120-109 to Canton - Windy City Bulls
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Pinch Red Claws in Final Game of Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Swarm Dispatch Legends in Sold out Season Finale - Greensboro Swarm
- Running of the Bulls - Charge Cap off Campaign with Win - Canton Charge
- Long Island Defeats Wisconsin in Regular Season Finale - Long Island Nets
- BayHawks End Season with Win - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Hold off Mad Ants in Regular Season Finale - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Edged by One in Regular Season Finale - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Clinch Division Title with Win over Fort Wayne - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Take Down 905 in Regular Season Finale - Lakeland Magic
- Suns Waive Jawun Evans - Northern Arizona Suns
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Assign Cody Demps to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Anthony Brown Suffers Season-Ending Injury - Lakeland Magic
- Knicks Close out Regular Season at Erie - Westchester Knicks
- Santa Cruz Warriors Take Down Agua Caliente Clippers, 113-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars End Regular Season with Home Win over Iowa - Salt Lake City Stars
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.