Iowa Energy Fall to Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids, Mich. - The Iowa Energy (7-6) fell 130-104 to the Grand Rapids Drive (6-8) Saturday night at the DeltaPlex Arena.
The Energy were led by Terry Whisnant with 22 points including seven three-point field goals. Joel Wright added 21 points, Alex Stepheson had 20 points and 13 rebounds and Lazeric Jones posted 20 points and 10 rebounds. Reggie Bullock had 29 points for the Drive with five rebounds and five assists.
The Energy played shorthanded tonight with only eight available players for the game. The Drive had three players on NBA assignment, including Reggie Bullock and Brandon Jennings from the Detroit Pistons.
It was a slow start to game for Iowa with Grand Rapids opening up a nine-point lead mid-way through the first quarter. Terrence Oglesby's nine first quarter points reduced the lead down to three points at the end of the quarter. Grand Rapids led 32-29 heading into the second quarter. The Drive extended their lead to 14 points early in the second quarter and would continue to control the quarter. Iowa was able to get within eight of the lead before a Drive run pushed the lead to 15 points at halftime. Grand Rapids held a 64-49 lead at halftime.
Grand Rapids extended their lead to 20 points to start the second half. Despite four third quarter three-pointers from Whisnant, the Energy were unable to close the gap. The Drive held a 96-77 lead heading into the fourth quarter. Grand Rapids extended their lead to 28 in the fourth and would go on to win 130-104.
The Energy return home Wednesday, Dec. 23 for the Energy's holiday game and post-game concert. Tickets are only $10.17 and include a pop, popcorn, game and concert.
2015-2016 single game tickets on sale now. Group tickets, flex packs and payment plans are available now. For more information, visit IowaNBA.com or contact the Energy at (515)-564-8550. For more information on the Energy, 'like' the Iowa Energy on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@iowaenergy).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 19, 2015
- Legends Stomp Bighorns - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Split Weekend Series with Texas 1-1 - Reno Bighorns
- Pistons' Brandon Jennings Has Double-Double in Debut with Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Best Charge on Cavs Night - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Take Down Knicks - Maine Red Claws
- Iowa Energy Fall to Grand Rapids - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Split Weekend Series with Red Claws, Falling 112-100 in Maine - Westchester Knicks
- Ronald Roberts Jr. records Raptors 905 team season-high 29 points in loss - Raptors 905
- Mavericks Assign Jeremy Evans to the Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Boston Celtics Assign Terry Rozier to the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Cavaliers Assign Joe Harris to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Waive Samuel Deguara - Erie BayHawks
- Norman Powell Assigned to Raptors 905 - Raptors 905
- Pistons Assign Darrun Hilliard and Reggie Bullock to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- D-Fenders Impede Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- D-Fenders Impede Stampede - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Extend Win Streak to Five, Defeat the Jam at Home - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jam Fall to Warriors 99-93 - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island