D-Fenders Impede Stampede
EL SEGUNDO - Six D-Fenders scored in double-figures as Los Angeles topped the Idaho Stampede 117-107 tonight in El Segundo.
The pair of Lakers assignees each recorded double-doubles, Ryan Kelly leading the way with 28 points (9/15 FGA, 4/7 3PA, 6/8 FTA) and 12 rebounds, while Tarik Black had 17 points and 12 rebounds. Vander Blue recorded a season-high 10 assists, along with 19 points and six rebounds for the D-Fenders (7-6). Andre Ingram also notched a season-high with 17 points, while Michael Frazier (15 points) and Justin Harper (10 points) also scored in double-digits.
Tyus Jones (25 points) paced the Stampede (4-12). Brandon Fields also reached the 20-point mark with 21 points, while Jeff Ayres (19 points, 11 rebounds), Phil Pressey (12 points) and Jeremy Williams (11 points, 8 rebounds) all scored in double-figures for Idaho.
Idaho outscored Los Angeles 33-27 in the first quarter behind nine points from Ayres, while Kelly got off to a good start, scoring nine points in the quarter for the D-Fenders. The second quarter was all Los Angeles, with the D-Fenders outscoring the Stampede 33-22 behind eight points from Black. At the half, Los Angeles led 60-50.
Kelly and Blue each scored seven points for the D-Fenders in the third quarter, with Los Angeles edging Idaho 31-30. Jones had nine points in the third for the Stampede. Kelly and Blue again paced the D-Fenders in the fourth quarter, with Blue scoring eight points and Kelly scoring seven. Los Angeles held Idaho to 22 points in the fourth quarter, clinching a 117-107 victory for the D-Fenders.
The D-Fenders shot .532 from the field, compared to .477 for the Stampede. Los Angeles finished .524 from three-point range, while Idaho shot .286. The D-Fenders outrebounded the Stampede 43-34, and finished with 18 fast break points, compared to 8 for Idaho.
Los Angeles hosts the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Sunday at 5:00pm PT in El Segundo.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 19, 2015
- Legends Stomp Bighorns - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Split Weekend Series with Texas 1-1 - Reno Bighorns
- Pistons' Brandon Jennings Has Double-Double in Debut with Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Best Charge on Cavs Night - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Take Down Knicks - Maine Red Claws
- Iowa Energy Fall to Grand Rapids - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Split Weekend Series with Red Claws, Falling 112-100 in Maine - Westchester Knicks
- Ronald Roberts Jr. records Raptors 905 team season-high 29 points in loss - Raptors 905
- Mavericks Assign Jeremy Evans to the Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Boston Celtics Assign Terry Rozier to the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Cavaliers Assign Joe Harris to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Waive Samuel Deguara - Erie BayHawks
- Norman Powell Assigned to Raptors 905 - Raptors 905
- Pistons Assign Darrun Hilliard and Reggie Bullock to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- D-Fenders Impede Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- D-Fenders Impede Stampede - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Extend Win Streak to Five, Defeat the Jam at Home - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jam Fall to Warriors 99-93 - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt