Bighorns Split Weekend Series with Texas 1-1
FRISCO, TX - The Reno Bighorns were defeated by the Texas Legends 124-111 Saturday night at the Dr. Pepper arena in Frisco, Texas.
The Bighorns were led by Vince Hunter with 31 points and seven rebounds. David Stockton posted 19 points, grabbed eight rebounds and added eight assists in the Saturday night contest as Chad Toppert totaled 17 points and two rebounds.
Reggie Hearn and Toppert paced the Bighorns in the first quarter with six points each. Stockton and Ricky Ledo had five points and two rebounds each in the first.
In the second quarter, Mark Tyndale had eight points while Hunter added six points and two rebounds for the Bighorns. Kings assignment player, Duje Dukan, had four points, two rebounds and two assists in the second quarter as Stockton and Erick Green had four points each.
The Bighorns trailed the Legends 63-54 at the half.
Hunter added 13 points and two rebounds for the Bighorns in the third quarter. Hearn netted six points and two rebounds in the quarter while Green tallied four points.
In the final quarter, Stockton led the way for the Bighorns with 10 points, four rebounds and two assists. Hunter had nine points and two rebounds as Toppert notched eight points and two rebounds. The Bighorns matched the Legends in the final quarter point-for-point (30-30).
The Bighorns continue on the road, traveling to Indiana to face the Fort Wayne Mad Ants Tuesday, Dec. 22 at 4 p.m. (PST). The Bighorns return to the Reno Events Center Wednesday, Dec. 30 at 7 p.m. to host the Bakersfield Jam.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 19, 2015
- Legends Stomp Bighorns - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Split Weekend Series with Texas 1-1 - Reno Bighorns
- Pistons' Brandon Jennings Has Double-Double in Debut with Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Best Charge on Cavs Night - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Take Down Knicks - Maine Red Claws
- Iowa Energy Fall to Grand Rapids - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Split Weekend Series with Red Claws, Falling 112-100 in Maine - Westchester Knicks
- Ronald Roberts Jr. records Raptors 905 team season-high 29 points in loss - Raptors 905
- Mavericks Assign Jeremy Evans to the Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Boston Celtics Assign Terry Rozier to the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Cavaliers Assign Joe Harris to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Waive Samuel Deguara - Erie BayHawks
- Norman Powell Assigned to Raptors 905 - Raptors 905
- Pistons Assign Darrun Hilliard and Reggie Bullock to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- D-Fenders Impede Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- D-Fenders Impede Stampede - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Extend Win Streak to Five, Defeat the Jam at Home - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jam Fall to Warriors 99-93 - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Bighorns Stories
- Bighorns Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Lakers
- Coach Martin to Donate One Thousand Tickets to Local Non-Profits for Tuesday's Playoff Game
- Reno Bighorns to Play in Western Conference Semifinals on April 3
- Statement from the Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Bighorns Earn Pacific Division Title with Win over Warriors