Jam Fall to Warriors 99-93
SANTA CRUZ - Earl Clark (27) and Xavier Munford (24) combined for 51 points, but the Bakersfield Jam (7-8) fell to the Santa Cruz Warriors (9-4) 99-93 Friday night at the Kaiser Permanente Arena.
The Jam jumped out to a 21-8 lead midway through the opening period, but the Warriors managed to cut their deficit to single digits after one quarter of play (29-24). Santa Cruz outscored Bakersfield 26-19 in the second quarter and took a 50-48 lead at the break.
In the third, the Jam regained the momentum that they started the game with as they shot 57.9 percent from the field and went into the fourth with a four point advantage (76-72). The final frame would be the difference in the game, as Bakersfield was unable to keep their offensive rhythm going in the final frame and got outscored 27-17.
In addition to his game-high 27 points, Clark grabbed 10 rebounds, had two steals and two blocks. Renaldo Major tallied 15 points, while Kyle Casey and Mac Koshwal had 11 rebounds apiece.
The Warriors were paced by Elliot Williams (23 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists) and Darington Hobson (20 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists). Verdell Jones added 17 points.
Bakersfield will return to action on Monday, December 21 when they host the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at 7:00 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 19, 2015
- Legends Stomp Bighorns - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Split Weekend Series with Texas 1-1 - Reno Bighorns
- Pistons' Brandon Jennings Has Double-Double in Debut with Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Best Charge on Cavs Night - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Take Down Knicks - Maine Red Claws
- Iowa Energy Fall to Grand Rapids - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Split Weekend Series with Red Claws, Falling 112-100 in Maine - Westchester Knicks
- Ronald Roberts Jr. records Raptors 905 team season-high 29 points in loss - Raptors 905
- Mavericks Assign Jeremy Evans to the Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Boston Celtics Assign Terry Rozier to the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Cavaliers Assign Joe Harris to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Waive Samuel Deguara - Erie BayHawks
- Norman Powell Assigned to Raptors 905 - Raptors 905
- Pistons Assign Darrun Hilliard and Reggie Bullock to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- D-Fenders Impede Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- D-Fenders Impede Stampede - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Extend Win Streak to Five, Defeat the Jam at Home - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jam Fall to Warriors 99-93 - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.