Legends Stomp Bighorns
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends split the weekend series with the Reno Bighorns with a 124-111 victory Saturday night at Dr Pepper Arena.
Texas took the lead seconds into the game and never ceased. The Legends shot a season-high 54% and bested their season records in points and rebounds with 124 and 56. Dallas Mavericks assignee Jeremy Evans scored the first basket of the game and kept the lead going with 16 in the first quarter to push to a 14-point advantage. The Legends had seven of nine players on the board in the second, but Reno's Mark Tyndale caught fire with 3-of-4 to lead the Bighorns to a 29-24 quarter. Despite Reno's momentum, Texas held a nine-point lead at the half.
Vincent Hunter powered out 13 points for the Bighorns after the break, but the Legends' balanced scoring pushed the lead farther. The largest lead of the night came in the middle of the fourth as the Legends went up by 22. Texas shot 54% to Reno's 42% but Reno matched their scoring point for point to attempt a rally. David Stockton and Chad Toppert combined for 18 points in the final minutes but were unable to deplete the Legends' lead.
Evans led Texas with 25 points and 11 rebounds while Brandon Ashley and fellow-assignee Salah Mejri matched the 11 boards for double-doubles with 19 and 12 points respectively. Justin Anderson added 24 points with 15 coming from outside.
Hunter dropped 31 points off 10-of-13 shooting to lead the Bighorns while Stockton added 19 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists.
The Legends will return to the court Saturday, Dec. 26th hosting the Los Angeles D-Fenders at 7pm. The game will be broadcast live on Texas-47 as well as online through the NBA D-League's YouTube channel and www.kvgiradio.com. For more information on the team or the full season schedule call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 19, 2015
- Legends Stomp Bighorns - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Split Weekend Series with Texas 1-1 - Reno Bighorns
- Pistons' Brandon Jennings Has Double-Double in Debut with Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Best Charge on Cavs Night - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Take Down Knicks - Maine Red Claws
- Iowa Energy Fall to Grand Rapids - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Split Weekend Series with Red Claws, Falling 112-100 in Maine - Westchester Knicks
- Ronald Roberts Jr. records Raptors 905 team season-high 29 points in loss - Raptors 905
- Mavericks Assign Jeremy Evans to the Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Boston Celtics Assign Terry Rozier to the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Cavaliers Assign Joe Harris to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Waive Samuel Deguara - Erie BayHawks
- Norman Powell Assigned to Raptors 905 - Raptors 905
- Pistons Assign Darrun Hilliard and Reggie Bullock to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- D-Fenders Impede Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- D-Fenders Impede Stampede - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Extend Win Streak to Five, Defeat the Jam at Home - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jam Fall to Warriors 99-93 - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.