Houser, Cyclones Blank K-Wings 3-0
Cincinnati, OH. - Michael Houser stopped all 28 K-Wings shots on Saturday night as the Cincinnati Cyclones blanked the K-Wings 3-0.
Cincinnati scored on the first shot of the night, just 0:25 into regulation and never lost the lead. Brady Vail used a shot from the high slot to tuck a puck past Jake Hildebrand giving the Cyclones a 1-0 lead.
The Cyclones scored again on their first shot of the period in the second as Eric Knodel slipped into the high slot before unleashing a shot low near side, beating Hildebrand for the 2-0 lead. Before time was out in the second the Cyclones struck again. Mike Marnell cut in on Hildebrand from the left side before reaching around the leg pad and tucking the puck inside the far post, putting the Cyclones up 3-0.
The 3-0 lead would stand as Michael Houser turned away all 28 shots he faced for the Cyclones, giving Cincinnati the 3-0 victory. Jake Hildebrand, suffering the loss, stopped 25 of 28 Cyclone shots.
After finishing the night 0-for-3 on the power play the K-Wings saw their ten-game streak with at least one power play goal come to an end. Kalamazoo (31-27-2-2) stays in fourth place in the Central Division with 66 points.
The K-Wings wrap up a three-in-three weekend with the annual Green Ice game tomorrow afternoon against the Toledo Walleye.
Kalamazoo Wings full season tickets are available now for the 2019-20 season! More information can be gathered at www.kwings.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 16, 2019
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bourke and Solar Bears Take Down Steelheads, 6-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Clinch Playoff Spot with Third Period Comeback - Tulsa Oilers
- Riley Tells Growlers to Sit, Stay in 6-4 Thunder Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Besse Nets Two But SC Comes up Short to Blades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Houser Perfect as 'Clones Clip Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Houser, Cyclones Blank K-Wings 3-0 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Stifle Royals in St. Patrick's Day Victory in Reading - Indy Fuel
- Winiecki's Two-Goal Game Leads 'Blades to Eighth Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Unlucky in Toledo - Wheeling Nailers
- Schmidt Scores 20th of Season, Royals Fall at Home to Indy, 5-1 - Reading Royals
- Growlers Struggle in Glens Falls, Fall 6-4 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers Leap Frog into Playoff Spot After 5-3 Home Win over Mariners - Worcester Railers HC
- Steelheads Taken Down by Solar Bears, 6-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Mariners Drop Back and Forth Affair in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Beast Drop Second Straight, Lose 4-1 to Fort Wayne - Brampton Beast
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Steelheads - Orlando Solar Bears
- Goaltender Colton Point Called up to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Fuel and IceHogs Swap Players - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - March 16 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, March 16 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mavericks Inch Closer to Postseason Berth with 3-2 Win over Wichita - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: K-Wings and Cyclones Square off for Final Time this Season - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: One Fan Will Win $10,000 If Royals Player Gets Hat Trick in Rematch vs. Fuel - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.