Beast Drop Second Straight, Lose 4-1 to Fort Wayne
BRAMPTON, ONTARIO - Artur Tianulin scored the lone goal for the Beast who dropped a 4-1 decision against the Fort Wayne Komets.
The Brampton Beast welcomed the Fort Wayne Komets to the CAA Centre for the first time this season. The previous two meetings between the squads have seen each team take one victory.
The first period began with a flurry of chances from both sides. The Komets eventually got a hold of the puck at the Beast blueline and were able to turn and fire it into the net behind Etienne Marcoux for a 1-0 lead at 12:37.
The first period would finish with some good chances for both sides but the Beast would be down 1-0 after 20 minutes of play and trailing in shots by a count of 12-9.
The Komets came out in the second period and worked the power play to their advantage. J.C. Campagna was the goal scorer this time, as his shot on the five-on-three eluded Marcoux for a 2-0 lead at 8:23.
Brampton would get a hold of some momentum with a goal of their own from Artur Tianulin. The crafty Russian would spin and fire from the slot to beat Zach Fucale at 12:17.
Less than a minute late, the Komets would restore their two-goal lead with a goal from Brady Shaw.
It was 3-1 Fort Wayne after 40 minutes of play and the Beast also trailed in shots 25-18.
The third period saw some chance son either side, but Zach Fucale kept the fort locked down tight for the Komets.
Brampton pulled their goalie in favour of an extra attacker in the dying minutes of the game, but the Komets would have the last laugh and would ice the game with an empty net goal from Brady Shaw.
Marcoux would end with the loss. Fucale would gather up his 17th win of the season against his former squad.
Notes: Molson Three Stars 3) Tianulin (BRA) 2) Campagna (FTW) 1) Fucale (FTW) The Beast finished the game by going zero-for-one on the power play. Fort Wayne ended off one-for-five. The Beast and Komets will rematch tomorrow at 2:00 PM from the CAA Centre.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 16, 2019
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bourke and Solar Bears Take Down Steelheads, 6-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Clinch Playoff Spot with Third Period Comeback - Tulsa Oilers
- Riley Tells Growlers to Sit, Stay in 6-4 Thunder Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Besse Nets Two But SC Comes up Short to Blades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Houser Perfect as 'Clones Clip Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Houser, Cyclones Blank K-Wings 3-0 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Stifle Royals in St. Patrick's Day Victory in Reading - Indy Fuel
- Winiecki's Two-Goal Game Leads 'Blades to Eighth Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Unlucky in Toledo - Wheeling Nailers
- Schmidt Scores 20th of Season, Royals Fall at Home to Indy, 5-1 - Reading Royals
- Growlers Struggle in Glens Falls, Fall 6-4 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers Leap Frog into Playoff Spot After 5-3 Home Win over Mariners - Worcester Railers HC
- Steelheads Taken Down by Solar Bears, 6-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Mariners Drop Back and Forth Affair in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Beast Drop Second Straight, Lose 4-1 to Fort Wayne - Brampton Beast
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Steelheads - Orlando Solar Bears
- Goaltender Colton Point Called up to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Fuel and IceHogs Swap Players - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - March 16 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, March 16 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mavericks Inch Closer to Postseason Berth with 3-2 Win over Wichita - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: K-Wings and Cyclones Square off for Final Time this Season - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: One Fan Will Win $10,000 If Royals Player Gets Hat Trick in Rematch vs. Fuel - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Brampton Beast Stories
- Offensive Explosion Helps Beast Down Growlers
- Special Teams the Difference as Beast Drop Road Game
- Todd Rips Pair, Daccord Stands Tall as Beast Pick up First Win of 2019-20
- Beast Drop Close Opener against Walleye
- Beast Announce Leadership Group Ahead of Home Opener